Anybody out there have a Ruger Security 9? Looking at one, and
did the Google for all it is worth. Reviews look good, Specs for the
weapon look good. Still want to know who has one and what
they think.
BTW, the price looks great!!
Blackie

dogtag69

Bearcat
I have one decided to buy local cost me about 30.00 more than ordering it I cleaned and oiled it before shooting it run 43 rds through it had two fail to extract and one failed lock back on empty mag I will try it some more with diff. ammo later pros cheap fill good in my hand like the looks of it light weight, 15+1 capasity cons not used to Rugers doing any thing but shoot right out of box trigger not to good {after the lc9s I'm spoiled) the so called trigger safety hurt my finger if I had it to do over I would get the SR 9 instead but hey you get what you pay for.

lashlaruhe

Bearcat
I have one and so far fired it 511 rounds. Various brand of brass case ammo functioned very well. WW steel cases (300 rounds) had many failures to extract cases. Mine just does not like steel cased ammo.

greyrush

Bearcat
I've had mine for only 3 weeks and put about 200 rds through so far. Mostly Winchester white box 115gr., no problems there. Tried a few Sig Sauer V-Crown jhp 115gr and 147gr ... the 147gr. seemed to shoot a little better (tighter group) for me. Tried some Remington UMC 115gr ... ack! Multiple FTEs in 1 mag. Back to WWB or Sig.

The safety is a little hard to engage, but easy to disengage which is fine with me. The overall size of the gun I like, it's not too small, not too big, feels fine in the hand (although it's not a Walther with their superb ergonomics).

Got myself a Theis EZ-Clip IWB holster for it, some extra mags, it will serve it's purpose well.

One of my target sheets the first time out with it:
JCUsRh9.jpg

egriffin

Bearcat
I put the first 150 rounds through mine on Friday. No FTF/FTE issues at all, and a sweet trigger pull on it. I ran 3 brands through it
(Freedom Munitions, American Eagle and Blazer Brass, all 115 grains). The one and only issue I had was that I dropped a mag before the first shot. I'm a lefty, so I thought I hit the mag release but I couldn't recreate it so I probably didn't have it fully seated.

As far as prep work before going to the range, I field stripped the slide and did a light polish on the feed rail to reduce drag. With the barrel and recoil spring out, I ran the action by hand about 30 times to make sure there were no hang ups. I wiped out excess oil, disassembled and cleaned the mags, hit the feed lips with a hard stone to get rid of sharp edges.

Compare to the Walthers we brought to the range (I brought my PPX, my wife brought her PPS M2)
I had one failure to feed on the PPX, wife had one light strike on the PPS. She loved the trigger on the Ruger, and was just as accurate on day 1 as she is with the Walther. I found that point of impact is a little higher than point of aim- about 2 inches at 7 yards- I'll need more time with it to dial it in.

I'm giving it a thumbs up.