New EC9s

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tawcat

Bearcat
I just read about this pistol two days ago. Contacted my las and they actually had two. Their ticket price was $249, thought it to be good so I ran over a bought one. Haven't fired it yet, have a range day scheduled for next Tuesday.

Went ahead and ordered two extra mags and a IWB holster. So all total I've got about $350 into this piece. I usually carry a SA Mod2 9mm as my EDC, plan this little EC9s to be my grab and go piece.

Excited to see how she shoots.

packgreen49

Bearcat
Hi,
I am a little concern that few people are saying nothing about the EC9S. Well tomorrow I will pickup my new EC9s!
Ron

mohavesam

Hawkeye
A very good value in a defensive everyday pistol. Mine is dependable and accurate for its size, a couple more rounds than my s&w m60 guns. There are many posts here on this model, just search a bit.

No one has posted any real life negatives to my understanding.

Jdog

Bearcat
Really like mine. I have shot it a fair bit since getting it. Pretty nice shooter for the size. Would definitely recommend.

Conn AK

Single-Sixer
Honestly, the best pistol I ever paid under $399 for. Actually I bought my EC9s for $232 out the door in March. It has been flawless with aluminum, HP, +P and all varieties of cheap and expensive 9mm ammunition. Love the gun and it has replaced my SR9c as EDC. With one hand it's killer at 50 ft and can hit the piece of notebook paper all day. I've spent a lot more for a lot less. Excellent pistol. Making me want a LC9s now. The sights get a bit lost in low light, but it's perfect for point shooting thanks to that glass trigger break. Bought my first pistol in 1981. EC9s is the best pistol for the money I've ever bought.

Bearcat
Just bought one this past Thursday, have ran about 25 round thru it and am well pleased.
More to follow.......................

Also bought a SR1911 commander last week and it too is awesome :lol: :lol: :lol: .......................

unionprez

Single-Sixer
I bought mine about a year and a half ago, sighted it in shot it some and put it in the gun cabinet because at that time, I was carrying a LCR9 for EDC. About 2 months ago, I was heading to the range and just put the EC9s in the bag and took it along. After really spending some time with it, I was really impressed with the accuracy of the gun. (8" steel at 25 yards and ran 3 mags of 9 rounds each and the pistol didn't miss). I started carrying it everyday and the LCR9 is taking a well deserved rest. Hope you have good luck with yours. At least 500 rounds of all kinds of ammo through mine and not one issue.

Rugeraz

Bearcat
unionprez said:
I bought mine about a year and a half ago, sighted it in shot it some and put it in the gun cabinet because at that time, I was carrying a LCR9 for EDC. About 2 months ago, I was heading to the range and just put the EC9s in the bag and took it along. After really spending some time with it, I was really impressed with the accuracy of the gun. (8" steel at 25 yards and ran 3 mags of 9 rounds each and the pistol didn't miss). I started carrying it everyday and the LCR9 is taking a well deserved rest. Hope you have good luck with yours. At least 500 rounds of all kinds of ammo through mine and not one issue.
You bought your EC9S a year and a half ago? I think they just came out last December. :? Do you mean LC9S?

unionprez

Single-Sixer
Rugeraz, sorry about the mix up, you're right. I have an LC9s. This is what happens when I start looking at different Ruger forums on 2 different forum sights and get overloaded on so many different guns and abbreviations. Thanks for the heads up.

Rugeraz

Bearcat
unionprez said:
Rugeraz, sorry about the mix up, you're right. I have an LC9s. This is what happens when I start looking at different Ruger forums on 2 different forum sights and get overloaded on so many different guns and abbreviations. Thanks for the heads up.
Thought maybe I had slept through the last year and a half. :D :D :D :D

Why did Ruger stop making the LC9s, and start making the EC9s? They use the same Instruction Manual. Does the EC9 come in pink? If so my girlfriend would buy one in an heartbeat!
gramps

Rugeraz

Bearcat
gramps said:
Why did Ruger stop making the LC9s, and start making the EC9s? They use the same Instruction Manual. Does the EC9 come in pink? If so my girlfriend would buy one in an heartbeat!
gramps

According to their website, they still make them but they're only available through certain retailers. I don't see a pink one, but there's are some other 'different' colors to be sure. :shock: Take a look:

https://ruger.com/products/lc9s/models.html

Ruger's most recent catalog only has the ECS9.