Good grief: Ruger Quality Control

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dougader

Hunter
What's wrong with this pistol? Maybe a custom job for Nancy Pelosi???

i-KwbZS6G-L.jpg

JPGLSG

Blackhawk
That is so stupid how could even a D- worker miss that. I hope you sent this picture to Ruger. Maybe they should consider putting white dots on both side of their sights so no one could possible screw up. Pitiful I tell you.....

JPGLSG

Blackhawk
FergusonTO35 said:
It isn't a QC problem, you just got one of the distributor exclusive .25 Auto versions with double sided front sight!

Why hells bells that explains it all then, I was wrong...an exclusive collectors gotta have !!!!!

I've always said it is corporate bean counting.... you have a quality control department at the end of the production line and some new executive comes in and does the math and realizes that hardly any of the product is being returned.... production is pretty much putting out a perfect part.... and so we don't need quality control...... So you get rid of it and guess what happens?.....

blume357 said:
I've always said it is corporate bean counting.... you have a quality control department at the end of the production line and some new executive comes in and does the math and realizes that hardly any of the product is being returned.... production is pretty much putting out a perfect part.... and so we don't need quality control...... So you get rid of it and guess what happens?.....

you can't inspect quality in, you build it correctly.. Inspection is a non value added operation and should at most be statistically sampled ( except safety check like factory firing) . No amount of inspection will EVER fix an issue like the one shown. Even 100 % inspections misses defects. Specifically in this case the barrel sight combo should be designed to preclude an improper assembly.

Rei40c

Blackhawk
FergusonTO35 said:
What kind of a pistol is shown in the original post? At first I thought I was an RAP with a much too small bore. Is it a .22?

Yes, I believe this is an SR22 pistol.

Conservative

Blackhawk
Buy quality and you won't regret it.

I've learned my lesson with Ruger...

Can anyone's product be defective?

Certainly, but when there's a consistent pattern, QC has gone the way of the buffalo...

Ruger...the buffalo of firearms.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
I bought a NIB 22/45 Lite and discovered the front sight was mounted backwards.
Of course, at least three humans had a 50/50 chance of getting it right...

welder

Buckeye
And here I complained about my new Bisley .45 convertible missing a couple screws and having enough gap between the grips and frame to be able to see across the room. :oops: I also complained about my long awaited and wanted Sp101 .22 with the cylinder gap several thousands off from one side to the other and transfer bar that was pinched far more than usual. I won't mention my 5th and last new Mini14 that battered it's own bolt and extractor in fewer than 40 rounds.

On the other hand, I found a 95% stainless P89 today for a song at my LGS. Yes, it joined the others in my safe. This after listening to the clerk try and sell me on a Security 9, an American, and lastly a LC9, "for just a little more money". I politely say no and explain that I do not buy new Rugers. He rebuts that Ruger's quality is "really consistent now" with CNC this and CNC that and since Bill (Ruger) is gone, the company has been modernized, and they have really grown. That's true, I hear they have a huge service department now, I've even used it myself a few times but continue with my paperwork please, really, I'm not interested in any of those. He does and home I go with another old P gun, that I assume has all it's parts configured correctly and hopefully none missing.

welder

Buckeye
Armybrat said:
My wife says I've always been missing a few screws too.
Must be where those missing marbles are.

Same here.

We should give Ruger a call, gotta be some extra parts laying around their shop.