Ruger LC9S ---OR--- EC9S???

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SR1911SHOOTER

Blackhawk
USMCXD said:
22/45 Fan said:
The current Ruger web site only shows a bunch of cosmetically different distributor specials for the LC9s so I take it that it's being dropped and the lower cost EC9 has replaced it in Ruger's current line up. Except for the simpler slide with the integral sights they are the same gun.
The LC9S has been dropped by Ruger?

USMCXD,
I think the LC9 was dropped. Not the LC9s.
Blackie

https://ruger.com/products/lc9s/models.html

Rugeraz

Bearcat
SR1911SHOOTER said:
USMCXD said:
22/45 Fan said:
The current Ruger web site only shows a bunch of cosmetically different distributor specials for the LC9s so I take it that it's being dropped and the lower cost EC9 has replaced it in Ruger's current line up. Except for the simpler slide with the integral sights they are the same gun.
The LC9S has been dropped by Ruger?

USMCXD,
I think the LC9 was dropped. Not the LC9s.
Blackie

Their 2018 catalog only shows the EC9S.

https://ruger-docs.s3.amazonaws.com/Ruger_Firearms.pdf

Rugeraz

Bearcat
RUT said:
I went into my LGS the other day fully intending to buy the EC9S, but in comparing it to the LC9S I found that I was able to see the sights better on it than the EC. The LC has "three dot" sights whereas the EC's are totally black. With my aging eyes it seemed like the better choice. As luck would have it I was able to buy it for only a few dollars more than the EC due to a deal the gun shop had gotten on it. A win win for me!
Same problem here with aging eyes and I agree with you about the all black sights. If I do get an EC9S, I will be painting the sights, for sure. Do you mind me asking what you paid for your LC9S?

mohavesam

Hawkeye
NIB EC9s: $219 has been the best (sale) price I've seen IRL. That is plus sales tax of course. More often I see $229-239 over the counter. One big sporting goods store chain lists them at $239 everyday. Ruger's MSRP is published at $299.

I disregard most miracle internet prices because people tend to not include shipping & transfer fees as a true cost, when in fact they are true & unavoidable, and therefore figure in to the real cost of the firearm.

The EC9s is a great bargain. It works like its supposed to, and fires all computer-designed modern ammo. Carry it clean or dirty - it will still go bang.
BTW :?: Who needs high-dollar sights on a "last-option" belly gun? :?

Rugeraz

Bearcat
mohavesam said:
NIB EC9s: $219 has been the best (sale) price I've seen IRL. That is plus sales tax of course. More often I see $229-239 over the counter. One big sporting goods store chain lists them at $239 everyday. Ruger's MSRP is published at $299.

I disregard most miracle internet prices because people tend to not include shipping & transfer fees as a true cost, when in fact they are true & unavoidable, and therefore figure in to the real cost of the firearm.

The EC9s is a great bargain. It works like its supposed to, and fires all computer-designed modern ammo. Carry it clean or dirty - it will still go bang.
BTW :?: Who needs high-dollar sights on a "last-option" belly gun? :?

I'm planning on picking one up for the $219 as soon as the sale begins on Friday. I may paint the front sight.

Update: Picked it up this morning - in an out in less than an hour. $237 and change out the door. Life is good.

Tom W

Blackhawk
I looked at the website last night and the LC9s and LC9s Pro are still listed, but you have to look hard to find it...

I like mine lot!

Rugeraz

Bearcat
Tom W said:
I looked at the website last night and the LC9s and LC9s Pro are still listed, but you have to look hard to find it...

I like mine lot!
Yeah, it looks like they may be only available from certain 'exclusive' distributors whereas the EC9S is everywhere. Not sure what Ruger is doing, but the LC9S and Pro aren't in their most recent catalog.

Dienekes

Single-Sixer
Just picked up an EC for $212 OTD. I was waiting for a sale and today was the day. Will see what it does tomorrow.

It's nice and flat, very nice trigger. What sort of surprised me was how close it is to my S&W .45 Shield in size. The .45 is about 1/2" longer, a smidge higher, and a wee bit thicker through the grip--which is NOT all that thick. They are both very nice minimalist guns with decent power.

Should be an interesting excursion. Gotta love that cheap 9mm ball ammo.

Update 5/5/18: Have had the EC out a couple of times, and it shoots well out to 20 yards. Up close (<7yd) from low ready it is scary good; excellent trigger like a DA revolver and FAST. Hits are easy.

If it stays 100% reliable it may replace my old S&W 442. It's a real sleeper.

blue2golf

Bearcat
I've had my LC9s for about a year now with a couple hundred rounds through it. Had one round flip up while feeding, but that might've been limp wristing on my part. Great carry gun.

Polymer single stack 9's have their detractors on the internet. Anyone here with some serious round counts through their LC9 / LC9s / EC9s handguns? What were your results and opinions?

WMB30

Single-Sixer
As of last august wife has somewhere around 13 thousand rds on her LC9sPro. Works fine, she likes it.
Since then getting familiar with her Glock 19. Works fine, she likes it also.

Bill

kmckinnon

Bearcat
I had the LC9s Pro as my EDC for a couple years. Lots of rounds thru it at thevrange too. It was so easy to carry. However, Florida's heat and humidity combined with my sweat all day long really worked on the guns finish. I no longer have that LC9s. I'd consider the EC if I could get a better idea on how its finish will hold up.

jjas

Single-Sixer
I picked up an EC9s for $215.00. 50 rounds into it, I like it fine. It's easy to shoot, the trigger pull is good and it functioned perfectly.