Lost pin

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tobyshane

Bearcat
New member. I changed out the grips on my Mark IV and there was a small shouldered pin that seemed to fall out of the right side grip. Now I can't find it. Is it important?

roylt

Hunter
Manual should have an exploded view / parts list. Check there for what you think is missing. I suggest this because I don't have a mark.

Good luck and welcome.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
It may have been the "magazine ejector", a small spring-loaded plate that pushes out the magazine with some force when the mag release is pushed. It's not essential and many owners remove it intentionally. As noted, it's shown in the current on-line MkIV owner's manual exploded views as parts #47,48 and 49.

louchia

Single-Sixer
Call Ruger. They will send you one. Their CS is very good about helping in those situations.

tobyshane

Bearcat
The manual that came with the pistol did not have the pin listed. The online manual did. I will call Ruger Monday. Thanks to all of you that responded. Much appreciated.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
tobyshane said:
The manual that came with the pistol did not have the pin listed. The online manual did. I will call Ruger Monday. Thanks to all of you that responded. Much appreciated.
Right, the manuals that came with early MkIVs (like mine) had a lot of missing and mis-labeled parts in their exploded diagrams. The current on-line manual has been corrected.