P series triggers

Help Support Ruger Forum:

altajava

Bearcat
suck!

So I noticed my desert eagle has an adjustment on the trigger. It's to adjust pre travel. So it doesn't take all day to stroke the trigger like the P pistols. I have a KP90DC & KP91DC. I used to love shooting them, until I got pistols with better triggers. Is there a way to reduce the take up on these triggers? Relatively easily??

and no, I don't want to sell them. Isn't it sacrilege to sell a firearm???

modrifle3

Buckeye
Nature of the beast . . . average trigger, average accuracy, but indestructible. Just shoot them for what they are. The design was intended for duty/combat type shooting. They are not target guns and never will be. Not sure which DE you have, hand canon, 1911 or baby, but they are in a different class as far as fit finish and quality.

For its design, the 90 is about as accurate as any P will ever be and will last for ever. My 91 wouldn't hit the side of a barn unless you threw the gun at it. I even tried to create a load for it. All P89s were average at best but the trigger never changed and I knew that. I had 3 90s at one point and they were nice but I quickly learned they limited your ability. For enjoyable plinking they were great. Loved to take them out in the woods with a few boxes of steel case and shoot cans, but on paper it was different story.

This is why I own many handguns, there is no one perfect gun.

altajava

Bearcat
modrifle3 said:
Nature of the beast . . . average trigger, average accuracy, but indestructible. Just shoot them for what they are. The design was intended for duty/combat type shooting. They are not target guns and never will be. Not sure which DE you have, hand canon, 1911 or baby, but they are in a different class as far as fit finish and quality.

For its design, the 90 is about as accurate as any P will ever be and will last for ever. My 91 wouldn't hit the side of a barn unless you threw the gun at it. I even tried to create a load for it. All P89s were average at best but the trigger never changed and I knew that. I had 3 90s at one point and they were nice but I quickly learned they limited your ability. For enjoyable plinking they were great. Loved to take them out in the woods with a few boxes of steel case and shoot cans, but on paper it was different story.

This is why I own many handguns, there is no one perfect gun.

I got the hand cannon version, why else would you get a DE? My 90 is very accurate as well, I suspect it has even more potential, if it had a better trigger. My 91 isn't bad, but definitely not gonna win any contests with it.

altajava

Bearcat
22/45 Fan said:
Since these are both double action and single action triggers, you can't eliminate all the pre-travel or the DA won't work.

Yep, I realize that. But it would be nice if I could shorten that pre travel. These aren't the only DA/SA semi's I have, but they have the longest trigger travel by far, with nothing being triggered

Latest posts