advice n gun dealer

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dogtag69

Bearcat
Looking for the new Ruger security 9 found the best price at Whittaker guns does any one know anything about them, I don't anything about them

gunman42782

Hunter
Yep, they been in business a long time, one of the biggest gun shops in KY.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
dogtag69 said:
Looking for the new Ruger security 9 found the best price at Whittaker guns does any one know anything about them, I don't anything about them

Stop looking at the lowest online price. Support your local shop. You'll be glad you did.

Sure, the on-line guy may be $20 or $30 cheaper, but does that include shipping? You'll spend more than that on breakfast for you and wife/GF at Cracker Barrel. And at least at CB you get to see,touch, & taste what you're paying for.

I wouldn't buy a gun on line even if somebody else was paying for it. :roll:

grobin

Blackhawk
Per GunnyGene.
You always want to look at the real cost. That includes shipping, background check, etc. I have no problems buying from a reputable dealer online for new guns. However, I would not buy sight unseen for used! I prefer to buy local if the price is competitive. They have one big advantage, you walk out with it instead of waiting a day to a week!

mac66

Single-Sixer
GunnyGene said:
dogtag69 said:

Stop looking at the lowest online price. Support your local shop. You'll be glad you did.

Sure, the on-line guy may be $20 or $30 cheaper, but does that include shipping? You'll spend more than that on breakfast for you and wife/GF at Cracker Barrel. And at least at CB you get to see,touch, & taste what you're paying for.

I wouldn't buy a gun on line even if somebody else was paying for it. :roll:

Sanctimonious much?

I'm all for supporting local dealers but sometime the difference in price is significant i.,e $50 or more. That is ammo, holsters, accessories. If you already know what you want it makes no sense not to buy it cheaper online and pay your local kitchen table FFL his $20 to transfer.

Jdog

Bearcat
I know I overpaid for my SR9e at my local, but I've known the owner my entire life, he heavily recommended a Ruger, and the 9e felt best to me. Told me to run 100-200 rounds through it and if I didn't like it he would make it right.

Turns out, I've put 1500 through it with no issues and I have never shot a handgun so well. Still paid less than I would for an SR9 and it does what I want. Very satisfied.

I imagine I will buy my carry gun from him. That being said, I did order an EC9s from Whittaker's online for $209.00, delivered. My local couldn't come close to that and I really only got it to get comfortable with a pocket/compact gun before I get my CC Permit.

Mike J

Hunter
IIRC I bought a pistol from them a couple of years ago. Everything went fine. I still get E-mails from them.

Sometimes I can't find what I want at a local dealer. When I can find what I want often local prices are significantly higher. The first gun I bought from online was my SR 1911. The only one I could find locally was $800. I got one from Gunbroker for $635. $165 is a big difference.

SR1911SHOOTER

Blackhawk
Mike J said:
IIRC I bought a pistol from them a couple of years ago. Everything went fine. I still get E-mails from them.

Sometimes I can't find what I want at a local dealer. When I can find what I want often local prices are significantly higher. The first gun I bought from online was my SR 1911. The only one I could find locally was $800. I got one from Gunbroker for $635. $165 is a big difference.

Mike,
I prefer Bud's Gun shop. Never got a bad deal from them.
Blackie

Mike J

Hunter
SR1911SHOOTER I have used Bud's & they did okay. The only thing annoying was right after I got my pistol I saw a better deal at CDNN. It made me mad at myself.

The only one I ever got annoyed with was Palmetto State Armory. I had ordered a blemished stripped lower from them & a week or two had went by without it shipping. I called to see what was up. They said they didn't have a copy of my receiving FFL's license on file. I got him to send it to them although he swore up & down they already had it. Pretty sure that was a stall tactic. When the lower came in though neither he nor I could figure out what the blemish was.

Latest posts