P95 dc slide change out

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Lawrencec346

Bearcat
I have a p95 dc and want to change it over to a safety slide will this be able to be done by just changing the slides out ? Need help before I buy the safety slide

There is another discussion here about doing the opposite. Safety to Decock... I actually don't think either will work .... but I could be wrong. I think you are better off with an original upper and lower... perhaps you and the other poster here could do a deal. Or I think you would be better off selling your decocker only pistol and buying a safety one....

I'm sure others will weigh in.... I'm prejudiced and not only prefer the decock model but have a number of them.

rugerfreak

Single-Sixer
I "think" all the differences are contained in the slide---so in theory it should be an easy swap.

I'm not 100% sure ---so take this with a grain of salt.

roylt

Hunter
You will need to modify the frame to make it work. I posted my findings, see topic link below.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=187765&p=1885748&hilit=p95#p1885748

It can be done but you are talking about an old obsolete gun. Selling and getting something new would be my suggestion.

roylt

Hunter
http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=187765&p=1885748&hilit=p95#p1885748

roylt said:
It can be done but you are talking about an old obsolete gun. Selling and getting something new would be my suggestion.

yep, p-series pistols are obsolete.... need to sell it. I'll offer $200 including shipping to my FFL.

Personally, to point out I had my tongue in my check when writing the above, I think the Ruger P95 is one of the finest handguns produced. The only reason I can come up with that Ruger stopped making them was they could not improve the design anymore.

Xsales

Buckeye
blume357 said:
roylt said:

yep, p-series pistols are obsolete.... need to sell it. I'll offer $200 including shipping to my FFL.
Personally, to point out I had my tongue in my check when writing the above, I think the Ruger P95 is one of the finest handguns produced. The only reason I can come up with that Ruger stopped making them was they could not improve the design anymore.

Yes Sir, P95 is one of the finest 9mm/firearms ever made
Have several and all are dead on, rock solid & perfect performing
With that I will go $210.00 shipped IF the OP is selling ahahahahahahahhahaha
:D