Security 9 sights

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lashlaruhe

Bearcat
I hope that the front and rear sight dovetails will be standard to allow aftermarket triduum night sights replacement instead of the factory sights.
Any ideas or info??

Tsquare

Bearcat
The way this one is designed, someone will have to make some specifically for this model. I would bet we will see some within 6 months. I will be purchasing a set of night sights as soon as they are available.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
lashlaruhe said:
I hope that the front and rear sight dovetails will be standard to allow aftermarket triduum night sights replacement instead of the factory sights.
Any ideas or info??
With only a couple of exceptions (Bowmar, Novak), nearly every gun maker uses proprietary dovetails for their sights and Ruger is no exception. About the best you can hope for is the Security 9 uses the same dovetails as the SR-series or American.

Buck Smith

Bearcat
Just shot an IDPA Match this weekend with my Security 9. Pistol did great but my old eyes couldn't pick up the front sight very well. When I got home I fished around and came up with an Hi-Viz Fiber Optic front sight that had been on my Ruger
American that has Novak Dovetail Cuts...it fit perfectly. Hope this helps.

PJ.H.

Bearcat
Buck Smith or anyone --- What holster are you using for the Security 9. IWB or OWB
Thanks so Much