LCP II Issues???

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Do You Prefer LCP Original or LCP II ???

• LCP II

Votes: 18 66.7%
  • LCP Original

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters

USMCXD

Single-Sixer
When the LCP II was first released, I recall reading where several people were having similar issues with them not chambering correctly or jamming upon extraction, etc., and was just curious IF this is still a known issue?

I spoke with Ruger today and they didn't seem to know anything about what I was referring to.

I do recall someone said they had to turn the pistol upside down when chambering a round to successfully get it into position to be ready to fire.

ANYONE WITH ANY INSIGHTS????

Thanks in advance for your time!!!

exavid

Hunter
I bought my first LCP soon after then came out. I fired a few hundred rounds through it of different handloads varying the powder charges and bullet types and weights as well as several brands of store bought ammo. No problem with the little gun. Recently I replaced it with a LCPII. Just as reliable, not picky about ammo and a lot easier to shoot with it's improved sights and trigger. It convinced me to replace my LC9 with the LC9pro. Happy camper I am with these two shooting irons... er... shooting polymers.

PM9

Bearcat
I did have an extraction issue with my LCP II. Sent it in and got it back a week or two later. They replaced the extractor and barrel. I suspect replacing both parts was easiest and guaranteed a good gun going back to the customer. I have had no issues with the gun since it's return and as a working range officer believe me when I say have tried a dozen different brands of ammo as well as a few hundred on my handloads. This is one great little pocket gun.
BTW, my original LCP has never given me one issue.

USMCXD

Single-Sixer
PM9 said:
I did have an extraction issue with my LCP II. Sent it in and got it back a week or two later. They replaced the extractor and barrel. I suspect replacing both parts was easiest and guaranteed a good gun going back to the customer. I have had no issues with the gun since it's return and as a working range officer believe me when I say have tried a dozen different brands of ammo as well as a few hundred on my handloads. This is one great little pocket gun.
BTW, my original LCP has never given me one issue.
OK. Thanks for the note.

USMCXD

Single-Sixer
Well, I just picked up an LCP 2 on Gunbroker. Couldn't pass the deal.
Looking forward to pulling the trigger and comparing it to my original LCP.

Thanks everyone for your time!

mendeldl

Bearcat
Hmm, interesting. I have had my LCP II for about 9 months. Shot around 1000 rounds through it. I have multiple episodes of FTE and FTF issues, mostly the former. Used different brands of range and personal protection ammo and nothing seems to make it work better. I polished the feed ramp but that made zero difference. interested in any ideas about how to cure this. As it is, I can't carry this gun because I don't trust it to not jam.

GunSlut

Bearcat
I'm considering the LCP II. My current pocket carry is a Taurus TCP. I have shot the TCP enough that I trust it but it isn't much fun to shoot. The trigger, while fairly smooth, is agonizingly long without a break and the last round slide hold back had to be filed off because it would activate prematurely. I have dry fired the LCP II in my local gun shop and I must say that it has a much improved trigger over my TCP and is as good as if not better than any pocket pistol, and I've tried a bunch. My question is; has anyone had any problems with the last round slide hold back activating prematurely on the LCP II?

Conservative

Blackhawk
mendeldl,

If you complain about anything Ruger, there's an old guy on the forum, who reminds me of Grandpa Simpson and he'll go out of way to chastise you for complaining.

I'm surprised he hasn't already shown up to shout at you.

Next, time buy a Glock.

I've had nothing but trouble with my LC9S, yes, I sent it back to the factory and while they fixed the problems (2), new ones keep cropping like FTF or FTE.

I've learned my lesson.

mendeldl

Bearcat
s4s4u said:
interested in any ideas about how to cure this

Send it back to Ruger?

Just an update, I did call Ruger and they wanted to look at the gun. They have it now for testing and hopefully resolution. I will post the results of the RMA after I get it back from the factory.

19drivermaker46

Bearcat
Conservative said:
Next, time buy a Glock.

I've had nothing but trouble with my LC9S, yes, I sent it back to the factory and while they fixed the problems (2), new ones keep cropping like FTF or FTE.

I've learned my lesson.

Your problem with the LC9s was/is my problem with a Glock 26 Gen 4. I have a Ruger LC9s pro and LCP II with zero incidences of FTF or FTE after over a thousand rounds through the 9 pro and hundreds through the II.

After the Glock got warmed up from about 30 rounds, I couldn't get through a magazine without multiple FTE and FTF jams that were terrible. The magazine release was also a POS to where the magazine would come out a couple of millimeters and I'd have to pull it out with my forefinger and thumb.

Fortunately I live on the south side of Atlanta which is about 35 miles from Smyrna where the Glock plant is located. I drove up to Glock about a month ago and they were absolutely super about repairing the gun while I waited.

They replaced the ejector, recoil spring, and gave the gun an entirely new frame as a result of the magazine problem. It was a new Glock at no charge. Great customer service and super employee who handled it.

Since I never abused the gun, I asked the technician why it might have been so screwed up. He said it basically got through quality control after originally being built and shouldn't have. S**t happens.

Two weeks ago I took it to the range and had a couple of bad jams after firing about 75 rounds through it.

Anybody want to buy a Glock 26 Gen 4?

vaguru

Bearcat
19drivermaker46 said:
Conservative said:
Next, time buy a Glock.

I've learned my lesson.

Your problem with the LC9s was/is my problem with a Glock 26 Gen 4. I have a Ruger LC9s pro and LCP II with zero incidences of FTF or FTE after over a thousand rounds through the 9 pro and hundreds through the II.

After the Glock got warmed up from about 30 rounds, I couldn't get through a magazine without multiple FTE and FTF jams that were terrible. The magazine release was also a POS to where the magazine would come out a couple of millimeters and I'd have to pull it out with my forefinger and thumb.

Fortunately I live on the south side of Atlanta which is about 35 miles from Smyrna where the Glock plant is located. I drove up to Glock about a month ago and they were absolutely super about repairing the gun while I waited.

They replaced the ejector, recoil spring, and gave the gun an entirely new frame as a result of the magazine problem. It was a new Glock at no charge. Great customer service and super employee who handled it.

Since I never abused the gun, I asked the technician why it might have been so screwed up. He said it basically got through quality control after originally being built and shouldn't have. S**t happens.

Two weeks ago I took it to the range and had a couple of bad jams after firing about 75 rounds through it.

How much?

19drivermaker46

Bearcat
vaguru said:
19drivermaker46 said:
Conservative said:
Next, time buy a Glock.

I've learned my lesson.

How much?

Check your PM