LCP II Trigger "bite"

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mendeldl

Bearcat
I'm relatively new to the LCP II and have been using it as my EDC (it is completely stock). In trying to get proficient with it and make sure the ammo I'm carrying feeds well I've done several range days shooting a few hundred rounds through it. After about 50 rounds, my trigger finger gets a bit raw. While dry firing, I cannot figure out what about the trigger is biting me, but it seems as though it's somehow related to recoil. With live ammo I've tried different positions with my index finger to see if that makes a difference, to no avail.

So, just wondering if others are experiencing this and if there is an easy fix.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Cholo

Staff member
So, after about 50 rounds your trigger finger gets sore? If you can't get it done before your finger gets sore, you might want to switch to a .45 1911.

Welcome to the Forum! :mrgreen:

Kodiak

Bearcat
I also had the same problem with a used LCP II I bought. In fact joined this forum just to see if there is a fix. Heard the usual move your finger to a different position to no avail. I dreaded shooting it and ended up selling it. No doubt that is why the original owner sold it after less than a month of ownership.

However, I was surfing around Youtube and see a guy makes a custom trigger for the original LCP that was designed strictly for the purpose of eliminating trigger bite. Not sure if the LCP II has the same trigger or not, but it might be worthwhile to give him a shout. I may pick up another one and try his trigger. Do a search on RTK Triggers and good luck.

Sloman

Bearcat
It appears that Ruger has used the same triggers on both the LCP II and the new Security 9. On the Security 9, my finger gets pinched between the trigger and trigger guard. Wish they'd come up with some longer ones.

louchia

Single-Sixer
I have maybe the same issue. While shooting, I get a raw spot on the side of the knuckle of the trigger finger. It's usually not a problem until about 25 or so rounds. I solve the problem by putting a band aid on the finger to cushion it.

Latest posts