LGS......Ruger P89 9mm for sale

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Dregg

Single-Sixer
Local gun shop has a Ruger P-89 pistol for sale with (2) 15 round magazines for $389. Is it worth it ?

Depends on a number of things.... where you are located, age and of course condition of pistol, and which model.... oh, and how much loose money you have on hand.

for me if it was a stainless decocker only I'd consider it.... or at least try to negotiate.

Rei40c

Blackhawk
As said it is high. I'd feel much better about the deal closer to $340. If he wouldn't come down I'd walk. This is assuming I really wanted one. That's just me.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
Agree that's high. About two years ago I bought one locally with three magazines, hard case, owner's manual, professionally Cerakoated and in excellent condition for $300.

Xsales

Buckeye
I meant to say - Locally I would offer $250.00 max
Have had several at that price

Personally I like the P95 much better

mpalm

Single-Sixer
I sold my KP89 safety/decocker model with 2 15 round mags last year for $450.....and it sold in 2 days.....now keep in mind I live in MA and everything with pre ban hi cap mags sells, but I was surprised that I did not have to lower my price. I think $300-375 is the current value. They are reliable good shooting guns

gunman42782

Hunter
The boss had a guy trade in a bunch of P90, p89, and .40 cal P944. Like 4 each. All not shot, in the box. He got $500 each for them, and sold them all within two weeks. And that was like 4 years ago, as I haven't worked there in 4 years. People appreciated the P series guns. I gave $425 for a P94 9mm just recently, as new in the box, with all box and paperwork, and even the shipping carton. And I would do it again. Didn't have a clue until I got it that it was a 1st year of production gun, 3 digit serial number. That was just icing on the cake.

s4s4u

Hunter
welder said:
The last two P89's I bought (one stainless, one blue, both with case, mags, books etc.) were under 300 OTD.

Three bills seems to be the benchmark for P-guns.

welder

Buckeye
I've seen many P89's go for 200-250 but they were typically worn, scratched, included only a mag or a couple 10 rounders. The one I referred to in my earlier post was a stainless safety model in excellent condition, probably fired fewer than a box or two of cartridges, I paid 279 for it. Granted that was at Whittakers and in KY where we typically enjoy good selection and prices. The other one was a blue safety model, complete and probably unfired from Gunbroker for 260. Shipping and transfer added about 30 dollars more for another sub 300 gun.

The P95 and 94 usually 300 on the nose. I did win one 94 on GB for 315 before shipping and transfer. One of three, new in box old stock a dealer had. I've seen a couple more like those, usually 300 or so like you said.

modrifle3

Buckeye
Unless you just want to buy a P series to have one I wouldn't waste money. In my opinion they are now outclassed by most makes as far as accuracy, trigger weight, reset, etc. For $389 you can get a new Canik. I have shot the 2nd gen SA model and I am really impressed a budget Turkish gun can shoot at near competition levels out of the box. No, I am not talking bullseye . . . more like three gun or steel matches.

Trigger is amazing on these. Feels as good as a XD in the hand and trigger has a more positive shorter rest than a Glock. Clean and almost no grit.

Three50seven

Buckeye
I bought a stainless P89 DAO in VG condition with one 15 round mag today for $275 + tax. Pawn Shop was asking $300 and the salesman didn't even hesitate when I offered $275.

toysoldier

Hunter
modrifle3 said:
Unless you just want to buy a P series to have one I wouldn't waste money. In my opinion they are now outclassed by most makes as far as accuracy, trigger weight, reset, etc. For $389 you can get a new Canik. I have shot the 2nd gen SA model and I am really impressed a budget Turkish gun can shoot at near competition levels out of the box. No, I am not talking bullseye . . . more like three gun or steel matches.

Trigger is amazing on these. Feels as good as a XD in the hand and trigger has a more positive shorter rest than a Glock. Clean and almost no grit.

Outclassed, obsolescent, and obsolete guns fire the same round as the new ones. If it works, it works.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
toysoldier said:
Outclassed, obsolescent, and obsolete guns fire the same round as the new ones. If it works, it works.
Very true but the outclassed, obsolescent and obsolete guns don't command current production, current feature gun prices.

welder

Buckeye
Being that my perspective is typically that of a buyer as opposed to that of a seller, I consider the P series' depressed price a positive.

The P series guns have all the features and attributes I require for the purposes I assign to them. As an added bonus and while I can speak of only my experience, not one of the multitudes of the series I have owned or fired have ever required a return trip to the factory in order to work, be repaired or have missing parts replaced.

Old obsolete guns that work and work well, are bargain priced and lifetime durable fit the bill for me often and regularly.

welder

Buckeye
Found another stainless P89 decocker today freshly traded in, not even in the case yet, marked $239. Probably a 95% gun but missing one mag. It has a new home tonight. And all I wanted was to ride over with my son while he picked up ammo for his BG380. :?

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Three50seven said:
I bought a stainless P89 DAO in VG condition with one 15 round mag today for $275 + tax. Pawn Shop was asking $300 and the salesman didn't even hesitate when I offered $275.

He knows Rugers don't generally appreciate. Quite the opposite.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Three50seven said:

He knows Rugers don't generally appreciate. Quite the opposite.