Do You Shoot Federal Premium Micro 150 gr Cartridges?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

DGW1949

Hunter
s4s4u said:
IRL, you might have to defend your ammo selection to a jury of non-gun people, and I like to carry whatever the local PD carries, as there is a lot of merit in that and it makes your attorney's job simpler.

In reality this is a non-issue.

re:..."In reality this is a non-issue." :

Yeah, but...when myths and legends get repeated enough, they do tend to eventually become regarded as truth, eh? :lol: ...
Myself, I rank this particular example right up there with the often-repeated '6 foot rule', or '10 foot rule', or whatever latest measurement may happen to be in vogue these days.

"Show me the law"...that's my basic response to this kind of stuff...and so far, not a single person which I've posed it to has been able to do so. And as far as that goes, I've yet to be shown a single successful prosecution which resulted from one's choice of "which ammo" to use while defending himself...be it hand loaded or not.

Knowing the Law and acting responsibly...that's what will save you in court, and whatever some gun-rag writer has had to say on the matter, what get's overheard while hanging around a gun shop, surfing the internet, and/or "which bullet was used?" ain't going to have anything to do with it.

DGW