P-90 Question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jlh

Bearcat
Does anyone know know if Ruger still supports the P-90, in terms of parts & repair? I'm not having any issues, but am just curious.

Thanks

gehart

Bearcat
I was under the impression that they do not. However the best was to find out would be to call their customer service department.

TxGun

Bearcat
I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure the P90 still gets factory support. Check their website under Customer Service. Ruger does have a list of guns they ask you to call about to verify support. Last time I looked, the P89 was on the list, but the P90 was not, which would mean it is still supported.

gunman42782

Hunter
I think they do, but you will have to send them your gun if something goes wrong. I asked about an extractor, and they told me they had them, but would not sell them as they only have a limited amount on hand, and I would have to send the gun in to them so they could say if it really needed a new extractor. They probably have had people lie about it just so they could have extra parts.

welder

Buckeye
tookalisten said:
ruger just sent me a new mag release spring; no charge.

They sold me a two a couple years ago. I called and asked for spares as I have three P90's. The lady did ask me for the serial numbers?

modrifle3

Buckeye
Some parts are, but nothing major. Good news is if something major gives they will offer you another model for an upgrade price.

toysoldier

Hunter
I have picked up two "parts kits" from dealers who sell the leftovers from "destroyed" guns. One was just the small parts; the other was all that, plus a complete barrel/slide assembly and magazine. I'm set for life, or as long as the frame lasts.

welder

Buckeye
Same here. Picked up a couple complete parts kits, everything except the frame.

I doubt you'll have to ever worry about the frame so you are set indeed.

SmittyinWV

Bearcat
Where did you two buy your service kits from? I just got a like new Stainless P90 and I love it. I've found a few parts kits, but they're in the $200 price range. I only gave $250 for the gun. I'm hoping to find some spare parts reasonably priced.

welder

Buckeye
HI Smitty and welcome. I picked up both my kits, (P90 and P89) of Gunbroker. I paid $89 for the P89 kit, and $105 for the P90 kit. Both kits have every single piece except the frame. I had to watch for a while as most kits there are ridiculously priced but the right ones come along ever so often. If I did it again I believe I'd just try to pick up a second gun although the prices are all the place on GB, Armslist etc. But, they o show up fairly priced here and there. The P90 is one of my favorites.

This is the way I understand it and I have no way of backing this up and will explain why at the end....

If they can't or won't send you the part then you send the gun to them and if they can't fix it then they credit you what the gun is worth towards a new one......

Here's the 'thing'... any part can be made... think about it... they manufactured the dern part originally.. so, there is nothing on a gun that can't be fixed or replaced.. the only issue is is it worth it?

I can't prove my opinion because I have never had a Ruger gun that I own break... I did lose a retaining ring for the recoil spring on a P95... and they sent me two.... but I'm not sure that broke... and I could have picked that part up just about anywhere.

Colonel Daddy

Buckeye
modrifle3 said:
Some parts are, but nothing major. Good news is if something major gives they will offer you another model for an upgrade price.
As it stands, for me, Ruger offers nothing to upgrade my KP90DC.......JMHO, though :mrgreen: . We have a number of different P90's so I can possibly see one or more becoming a 'parts gun'.

Latest posts