RAP long barrel?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bittereinder

Bearcat
I searched and saw someone mention the idea... Does anyone have a feel for whether there might be a longer barrel Ruger American Pistol? Sort of a Glock 34 idea, I'd want one. If anyone has any insights, I'd appreciate it, thanks.

Rei40c

Blackhawk
I think it's a good idea. One thing that causes me to think it's less likely is that Glock has embraced the competition market with the GSSF and Ruger has not really. The American pistol is already heavy enough to be a flat shooter and a longer barrel version assuming it's even heavier would be even better.

I hope they do it one day. I have no idea if they actually will or not.

bittereinder

Bearcat
Rei40c said:
I think it's a good idea. One thing that causes me to think it's less likely is that Glock has embraced the competition market with the GSSF and Ruger has not really. The American pistol is already heavy enough to be a flat shooter and a longer barrel version assuming it's even heavier would be even better.

I hope they do it one day. I have no idea if they actually will or not.

Good points, thank you.

bittereinder

Bearcat
22/45 Fan said:
S&W also offers 5" models of their M&P 9 and 40 2.0 and 1.0 pistols so Glock isn't alone.

Glocks and M&Ps are perhaps the most direct competition for the RAP (or the other way around), so maybe Ruger will want to compete in the long barrel category as well.