Ruger 9e ??

Help Support Ruger Forum:

waterdog

Bearcat
Hello, this is my 1st post here. I own several Ruger firearms. But have never owned any of their centerfire pistols. I see the Ruger 9e on sale from time to time.

What's up with this gun? I don't see a whole lot on YouTube or most gun forums.
I don't or maybe I didn't find any here.

Thanks

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
waterdog said:
Hello, this is my 1st post here. I own several Ruger firearms. But have never owned any of their centerfire pistols. I see the Ruger 9e on sale from time to time.

What's up with this gun? I don't see a whole lot on YouTube or most gun forums.
I don't or maybe I didn't find any here.

Thanks

I've had one for about 3 years, and never had a single problem with it regardless of the ammo used. Excellent SD gun. Very basic - only the necessaries. They are popular. You should get one. There are some aftermarket bits and pieces that will improve it, but they aren't really necessary. Galloway has some good upgrades for not much $$. https://gallowayprecision.com/ruger/sr9-and-sr40/

Mine below(grip sleeve recently added - personal preference), and installed the Galloway 20lb recoil spring and guide rod. Also did a couple other things to it. I keep it loaded with Hornady 135grn Critical Duty.

PS: With the right IWB holster it's a good carry gun for it's size.

QSibZjW.jpg

gunman42782

Hunter
I got one and I love it. It has been 100% reliable for me. It is the only striker fired pistol I own.

teuthis

Single-Sixer
I've had mine for about one year. I shoot it often. It is reliable, strong, accurate and ergonomic. It is my favorite pistol. I can highly recommend it.

valvestem

Bearcat
I have had a 9e for about a year, it has been flawless in function, and is easy to break down and clean as well. I can say I'd recommend it.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
22/45 Fan said:
If you want one, buy it soon. It's no longer listed on the Ruger web site.

Wow! They must have very recently dropped the model - like in the past month. I wonder how many were produced. Probably not enough profit in them.

vaguru

Bearcat
Apparently Ruger dropped it with the introduction of the Security 9.

They also dropped a few other models as of either yesterday or today, with website update. LC9s blue/black and the Pro model no longer listed, only specialty distributor models. Guess they are replaced by the ED9.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
vaguru said:
Apparently Ruger dropped it with the introduction of the Security 9.

They also dropped a few other models as of either yesterday or today, with website update. LC9s blue/black and the Pro model no longer listed, only specialty distributor models. Guess they are replaced by the ED9.

Starting to sound like they went to the Smart Phone business model. Out with old, in with the new every year. :roll:

Rei40c

Blackhawk
22/45 Fan said:
If you want one, buy it soon. It's no longer listed on the Ruger web site.

The rest of the SR's will be the next to go is my guess. The 9/40/45/9c/40c. The sr1911 and sr22 will be all that's left I'm betting before long.

mac66

Single-Sixer
CDNN has them for $250 as of this date. Don't know how long that will last

https://www.cdnnsports.com/rugerr-9er-9mm.html?___SID=U#.Wk5-FWinE2w

I kinda of always thought Ruger should have made a SR9e compact. I liked the SR9c but didn't like the mag disconnect or loaded chamber indicator that the regular SR9 has but the E doesn't.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
mac66 said:
I liked the SR9c but didn't like the mag disconnect or loaded chamber indicator that the regular SR9 has but the E doesn't.
The mag disconnect can be removed in less than two minutes if you take your time.

Galloway Precision used to market an aftermarket LCI eliminator but doesn't list it anymore. It was basically the stock Ruger part with the elevating tab ground off. You could easily do that to your gun or, buy a replacement LCI (Ruger sells them as a standard part) and modify it so you could return your gun to stock form if you ever want to sell it. Frankly, the LCI doesn't bother me at all and, in fact, it's good confirmation that you did retract the slide all the way and did indeed load a new round.

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
mac66 said:
CDNN has them for $250 as of this date. Don't know how long that will last

https://www.cdnnsports.com/rugerr-9er-9mm.html?___SID=U#.Wk5-FWinE2w

I kinda of always thought Ruger should have made a SR9e compact. I liked the SR9c but didn't like the mag disconnect or loaded chamber indicator that the regular SR9 has but the E doesn't.

All that kind of "safety" stuff exists because anti's and other idiots think guns shouldn't be dangerous. CLUE - Guns are supposed to be dangerous. It helps keep idiots from doing stupid stuff with them more than once. :twisted: :twisted:

22/45 Fan

Hunter
GunnyGene said:
All that kind of "safety" stuff exists because anti's and other idiots think guns shouldn't be dangerous. CLUE - Guns are supposed to be dangerous. It helps keep idiots from doing stupid stuff with them more than once. :twisted: :twisted:
Guns are supposed to be dangerous when you WANT them to be dangerous and only then. Having them dangerous to their owner or unintended others is not a good idea. And, yes, you can't make them completely idiot proof but you can reduce the frequency of stupid mistakes.