Ruger P90DC - Oklahoma County Sheriff #1 of 132

Help Support Ruger Forum:

DefendColorado

Bearcat
So folks I just picked this up in a pawn shop here in Colorado. Wondered if any others have seen one of these and know anything about their history.

roylt

Hunter
Funny to find that at a pawn shop, in my opinion, but I guess even the police can fall on hard times.

Very rare and interesting. Looks real clean and a DC unit too!!

hittman

Staff member
Send a PM to Chet15 of RENE fame if he doesn't see this soon.
A Google search does show that county in Oklahoma started in 1890.
Guess it's possible that County Board or Sheriff's Dept or something of the sort bought them and had them engraved for a fund raiser or other project.

Mike J

Hunter
hittman said:
Send a PM to Chet15 of RENE fame if he doesn't see this soon.
A Google search does show that county in Oklahoma started in 1890.
Guess it's possible that County Board or Sheriff's Dept or something of the sort bought them and had them engraved for a fund raiser or other project.

Pretty much what I was thinking. That someone had them done after they were bought from Ruger. I wonder if this came from an estate sale.

welder

Buckeye
Interesting picture of one of my favorite Rugers. I'm thinking estate sale too, either way a unique version of a good work horse.

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
If you don't mind sharing, what did this cost? Was it a premium price or every day pricing for a used P90?

Engraving or no engraving, that's an awesome gun. A KP90DC was my first pistol.

5Wire

Single-Sixer
Here's another path. I bought this PP90DW as a law enforcement over-purchase ANIB. Three magazines. Loved the decock and it functioned flawlessly with any ammunition I ran through it. I was pretty sure it would fire M&Ms (peanut) if I could load them in a magazine.

IMGP0050-1.png

IMGP0005-1.png