LCP carry options

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jollymon

Bearcat
Having some question on the best carry options for my LCP's , I'm not overly impressed with the pocket holster Ruger ships with it.

So I started looking to see what options are out their , Looked at DeSantis , Galco , and internet search showed
some interesting Kydex .

One Kydex I found interesting just covered up the trigger guard and had a length of paracord off the front.
It showed that you loop the cord around your belt place the gun in the kydex and place it in your pocket.
When you draw the cord holds the kydex as the gun is drawn and pops off .
Interesting but I don't know if I like the idea of it shifting around in my pocket.

Just curious to what methods you folks have come up with , May just go with a leather pocket holster.
Want to keep it simple.

PM9

Bearcat
As much as I like spending my money on leather products I find the holster that came with my LCPII to be a very effective front pocket holster but most of the time that gun is in a Talon Wallet holster in my back pocket

Ruger Redhawk

Single-Sixer
This is what I carry my LCP in and I also have one for P238 Sig which are almost identical holsters.
http://talonholsters.com/talon-ruger-lcp-lcpii-kel-tec-p3at-wallet-holster/

Great people to deal directly with or they are available on Amazon.
I started carrying my wallet in my right front pocket or in the right side cargo pocket. It took a little getting used to it but it has worked out well.

I bought a Sticky holster for the LCP but I haven't tried it yet. https://stickyholsters.com

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
Many pocket holster options out there. I'd recommend RKBA holster but I think he stopped making leather holsters.

The first purpose of a pocket holster is to keep the trigger protected.

The second purpose of a pocket holster is to keep the gun in the proper position and not get turned all around inside the pocket.

teuthis

Single-Sixer
I use an Uncle Mikes pocket holster and it works fine. It covers the trigger completely. It does not print in standard, loose trousers and I find it easy to retrieve the pistol from it quickly. There are several good brands that work well. I have one for my LC9 too.

lonewolf5347

Single-Sixer
I been using a IWB holster made by Hanks Gun Leather
Holster is hand made moulded very comfortable to wear.

exavid

Hunter
I've carried my LCP in a DiSantis "Summer Heat" IWB holster for several years now. It's a nicely made leather holster stiff enough to offer some resistance to falling out of the holster if one drops trou is a restroom. The holster holds up to use very well, mine still looks like new, a polished light leather color. I use a similar DiSantis holster for my LC9 which I carry more often these days. It's good to have a stiff leather holster if it's an IWB otherwise it would be slow and a bit difficult to re-holster.

Pps1980

Single-Sixer
I use a DeSantis pocket holster and have been very happy with it. Front pocket of dress slacks works incredibly well. I thought about a back pocket holster that would make it look like a wallet and two problems occurred to me - 1) people steal wallets and 2) I really don't want to sit on a loaded firearm. Front pocket carry has worked well...... ;)

Armybrat

Buckeye
What Pps said.
I have been front pocket carrying my old LCP daily in a Desantis, starting in 2008, without a rust problem. I clean & oil it about every three months or after a shooting session. Blow out the lint, if any, every couple of weeks. It has functioned perfectly so far and not a speck of rust on it yet.

Bought a new Gen 2 (not the II) earlier this year, but have yet to put that one through its paces. The Ruger supplied pocket holster seems to be adequate, but obviously not for long term use.

DanPop

Bearcat
Shorts, DeSantis pocket sticky holster. Pants, Unkle Mikes ankle holster. The ankle holster also my Bodyguard perfectly.