New ID may be of interest to some

Help Support Ruger Forum:

louchia

Single-Sixer
http://www.military.com/daily-news/2017/10/20/veterans-with-bad-paper-wont-get-new-va-id-cards.html?ESRC=army_171024.nl
Just read this on Military.com.

blue2golf

Bearcat
Interesting. Honorable Discharge only need apply.

I suppose there may legitimate excuses as to why someone may not have an H.D. certificate and I hope they are provided a means to apply for the new ID. However, they should be stringent regarding exceptions.

blue2golf said:
Interesting. Honorable Discharge only need apply.

I suppose there may legitimate excuses as to why someone may not have an H.D. certificate and I hope they are provided a means to apply for the new ID. However, they should be stringent regarding exceptions.

Legitimate "excuse" for a general, bad conduct or dishonorable discharge. Oh yea there is. You did something you weren't supposed to in increasing degrees of badness.

All you have to do is keep your mouth shut. Do what you are told, and be where you are supposed to be when you are supposed to be there. That's all that's needed to get an honorable discharge.

Anything less is proof of demonstrated inability to follow directions. I sure as heck wouldn't hire anyone with a less than honorable discharge. And anyone with a less than honorable discharge is undeserving of the same perks as someone who did keep their mouth shut, did what they were told, and was where they were told to be when they were supposed to be there.

Somebody just pushed one of my buttons. Sorry.

jollymon

Bearcat
Serve with Honor get the benefits, Be substandard get zip. The United States Military doesn't give participation trophys

jollymon said:
Serve with Honor get the benefits, Be substandard get zip. The United States Military doesn't give participation trophys

Sure they do. They're called campaign ribbons. :wink:

Of course the participation is usually not something you really want to be doing. It's something you know is the right thing to be doing.