LCP II vs. original

Help Support Ruger Forum:

PM9

Bearcat
I sold my Seecamp in favor of an LCP II. I had a small problem which Ruger promptly repaired. Since then it has been flawless. About a week ago I stumbled into a used LCP with Viridian green laser. I though I would just buy it and keep it as a car gun. I took it to the range today to sight in the laser. Overall, with the laser off, at 30' I saw little difference between the two in the ability to hit where I was aiming (bright fluorescent paint on both front sights). In fact, I prefer the trigger in the original over the split trigger in the LCP II. I also feel a bit more comfortable with the hammer down of the LCP rather than the "half cocked" position of the LCP II. The gun I bought was outfitted with a set of Talon grips and they included two strips of material applied over the serrations on the slide which made it very easy to rack.

If you feel the need to have your gun lock back on the last round or need better sights for long distance shooting the II is the way to go, otherwise, the I feel original model is a really nice gun.

BTW, with the laser on, keeping everything in the black on a standard NRA 50' bullseye target is a no brainer if you just stay off the coffee.
My 2¢
[url=https://postimg.org/image/qwzp9uhjn/][img]https://s5.postimg.org/mnuz7oeaf/LCP_Laser.jpg[/img][/url]

Ruger Redhawk

Single-Sixer
Good deal.
I like my Custom LCP allot more then I did the LCPII for the short time I had it before it was replaced due to defects.
I do have to say with my very early production LCP I'd much rather have the LCPII instead. That early one feels like it has a 50lb trigger pull . Shoot just a half box and your trigger finger tells you that's enough. I do share your sediments with the trigger on the LCPII. That was why I was glad to get a Custom instead. It worried me carrying especially in my wallet holster.
I like those Talon grips.
The little I carry mine I'm just going to leave it as it is and not invest more money into it.

louchia

Single-Sixer
I think you mixed it up . The LCP goes to a 1/2 cocked position making it what some argue is DA. The II is fully cocked when the slide is retracted.
You stated " I also feel a bit more comfortable with the hammer down of the LCP rather than the "half cocked" position of the LCP II. "

PM9

Bearcat
Thank you. I did phrase that incorrectly. Hopefully everyone got my meaning.

Varminterror

Blackhawk
The Gen 2 LCP trigger is very manageable, the the LCP II is a bit shorter, but feels worse to me. I have never really loved the aesthetic of the LCP's, but the LCP II looks a little too tacticool for me too. I also like the sights on the Gen 2 LCP better than the LCP II.

Oh well, such is progress. I carried a Gen 1 LCP for a long time, until I picked up a couple Gen 2's. I haven't yet committed to converting to the LCP II, not sure I will.

Latest posts