LCP recoil springs

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RedLabel

Single-Sixer
I ordered a new set of inner and outer recoil springs from Ruger for my 3 digit prefix LCP. The gun has a few miles on it so I figured it wouldn't hurt to replace them for maintenance along with a new guide rod and takedown pin.

The new springs do not look like the original. The part numbers on the bag match the numbers on the website for the 3 digit prefix guns but there is no flare at one end of the inner spring as there is on the original. Just wondering if these springs may have been updated or were they mispackaged? Wondering if anyone here might know before I call Ruger tomorrow.

I work in service for a new car dealer and it is not uncommon for a wrong part to be in the right box.

RedLabel

Single-Sixer
They do but that flare on the inner spring fits into a recess and centers the outer spring into the slide. Not sure about the replacements for the long term. Instruction manual even points it out.

louchia

Single-Sixer
Later model LCP and LCP II recoil springs do not have a flared end. Springs are not directional. If you have any doubts, call Ruger CS.

RedLabel

Single-Sixer
Called Ruger and gave them my serial number. Told them my concern and they said I did indeed have the incorrect inner spring. They said the outer would work but are sending me both no charge. Typical Ruger customer service. I told the woman I talked to that as big as Ruger is they still treat treat you like the local hardware store does. That is awesome! :D

RedLabel

Single-Sixer
Won't get my parts for a few days yet but I got to say that in the 25 years I have owned Rugers they have never ceased to amaze me. The only other time I needed service my Red Label had timing trouble after a couple years, Besides fixing that they did some other work for free that should have been on me. I have not bought another new gun that wasn't Ruger since.

PM9

Bearcat
I agree on their CS. My LCP II had a failure to extract. They replaced the entire upper and all my issues are gone.

ImDrRich

Bearcat
Ruger customer service together with their customer reps is the absolute best in the gun world. There are many companies who could take a lesson from them!

Latest posts