White Outline Rear Sight

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Nothing earth shattering here, but I'd forgotten how much I like a clean white outline on my rear sights and how easy it can be to get. The rear blade on my Mk. IV already has the outline indent; just not the white paint. Had tried to carefully fill that recess with white auto enamel on a spare blade some time ago. Looked terrible and I set it aside until last night. Decided to see if I could use a sharp blade to scrape off the excess paint. Worked like a charm. If I'm able to post a picture it may not look all that impressive blown up 5 times or so, but
for my purposes it works great.

p.s. O.K. So the pic thing didn't work. Sorry, but you get the idea. Glad to send photo via email if anyone's interested. It really does work great. Just be sure to degrease the surface and allow plenty of drying time before cutting off the excess.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
You can often do a good job of filling in that groove by painting the groove and some of the surrounding area with the white paint and then wiping the raised area with a cloth while the paint is still wet. It removes the over paint but leaves the groove full.