Ruger P97 DC trigger reset trouble/ FIXED!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Lonestone1

Bearcat
Received the P-97 DC back from Ruger with a list of replaced items and 1 repaired item:

Ruger replaced the ejector, extractor, sear, and trigger bar spring and repaired hammer spring seat detent. Now that's all I got on the return slip which is no description as to why the trigger reset was not functioning. Part of me says "who cares" they fixed it for a $30 roundtrip mail ticket and I am truly grateful, but part of me wants to know exactly which part of the fix was the critical link, you know? I'm still wondering what a repaired hammer spring seat detent involves because that was a new part that I purchased and installed because it was missing when I bought the pistol. Notice I did not say it was upside down or sideways in there, it pretty much drops in the hammer seat, so again, not sure what a repair on that would likely include.

Anyway, I have a fully functioning P-97 back and cannot wait to try it out. According to Ruger, they put 24 rounds of Black Hills 230 grain through it with no malfunctions and that's a song I can sing all day long until the music stops! Thank you Ruger!

Cheers.

Mac

I think it might be they just replace all the parts that 'might' be causing the problem and 'there you are.'

Of course the big mystery is how they actually managed to fix it since all you hear on the internet is that Ruger no longer 'supports' the P series pistols. Great news for sure.

jcmack

Bearcat
I bought a P95DC 2 days ago. Gun is as new with box 2 mags and paperwork. I mean it looks new/unfired with no finish wear. Got it home and dry fired it many times with a snap cap. Trigger reset failed about 1 in 8 pulls. Especially with finger slowly releasing trigger. Removed slide and lubed everything with EEZOX. Gun sat heavily lubed for a day. Wiped it down and dry fired a bunch. Works like a charm now, no failed trigger resets and can't re create original problem. But I'm the eternal pessimist, We'll see how it goes.

Lonestone1

Bearcat
Took the P-97 DC to the range today and it performed just fine with full trigger reset. No hiccups or drag on reset. Wowee ! It's like getting a new pistol for $30, well almost. I'm in it for $330 now, but still happy. Didn't shoot quite as nicely as the SR1911 which I had out today for the first time since I bought it. It's a used 2011 with about 200 rounds only and was a joy to handle.

Cheers to all you with yours.