LCP & ProMag 15 Round Extended Mag

Help Support Ruger Forum:

USMCXD

Single-Sixer
I purchased a 15 round ProMag Extended magazine for my LCP and it will not stay seated or even connect up into the mag well.

Am I missing something?

Please advise ASAP.

Thank you everyone!

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
You're going to get a lot of ProMag bashing responses. Assessments of their products online are really hit or miss.

I have 5 Pro Mags for my Hi Point carbine and 3 32 rounders for my 9E. All work fine so I can't bash them. My father has quite a few that work well in his Sig P226.

You may have gotten one of the lemons. Even though their products have worked for me, they are not made to the same standards as my factory mags.

USMCXD

Single-Sixer
rammerjammer said:
You're going to get a lot of ProMag bashing responses. Assessments of their products online are really hit or miss.

I have 5 Pro Mags for my Hi Point carbine and 3 32 rounders for my 9E. All work fine so I can't bash them. My father has quite a few that work well in his Sig P226.

You may have gotten one of the lemons. Even though their products have worked for me, they are not made to the same standards as my factory mags.
Thanks for your reply. I always prefer OEM mags personally, however this is the 15 round EXTENDED mag. It clearly doesn't work. I'll give them a call.

Have a great day!!!

teuthis

Single-Sixer
Just how does one conceal such a contraption? :) My only experience with Pro-Mag has been with my Ruger Scout Rifle. The magazine goes in hard and comes out hard. But it shoots. Still, I keep it in the bottom of the pile for tactical reasons. Good luck.

USMCXD

Single-Sixer
teuthis said:
Just how does one conceal such a contraption? :) My only experience with Pro-Mag has been with my Ruger Scout Rifle. The magazine goes in hard and comes out hard. But it shoots. Still, I keep it in the bottom of the pile for tactical reasons. Good luck.
Contraption!?!

About a month ago there was a link somewhere to a drug bust in Charleston S.C. and it showed a picture of the items confiscated including a smallish semi-auto pistol with a long magazine... I questioned this on a discussion panel and was informed that the gang bangers like small 9mms and extended magazines.... I guess they don't have time to learn to reload.... should take less than 2.4 seconds.

I have a friend that wanted to tack weld two mags together butt to butt for tactical cool....

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
USMCXD said:
We do all realize this 15 round extended mag is only intended for range use, right? :roll: :mrgreen:

You'd be surprised at how many pics you can find online of crime reports in which gangstas have extended clipazines to go along wit dey gats!

We legal carriers don't carry with extended mags, except maybe a few guys who also have CCW Badges.

USMCXD

Single-Sixer
rammerjammer said:
USMCXD said:
We do all realize this 15 round extended mag is only intended for range use, right? :roll: :mrgreen:

You'd be surprised at how many pics you can find online of crime reports in which gangstas have extended clipazines to go along wit dey gats!

We legal carriers don't carry with extended mags, except maybe a few guys who also have CCW Badges.
:mrgreen:

Ruger Redhawk

Single-Sixer
This was posted not long ago about the Pro Mags. I have no experience with them and don't believe I ever will now.
http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=257174

teuthis

Single-Sixer
It seems like a contraption to me. I can't imagine how I would conceal that one. Some days, when I feel insecure I carry a second mag. But mostly I think 7 shots should provide enough self defense unless I am fighting terrorists. I intend to do no more of that as long as I can get away. And in my car I have my 30 carbine. Now that is a nice contraption :)

exavid

Hunter
I have a Promag magazine for an LCP. It didn't work well when I first got it, tended to unlatch itself and drop out. It took a little dremel work on the magazine lips and some polishing of the edges of the lips to make it work right. I haven't had any further trouble with it since. The dropping out problem was the latch slot in the magazine was a tiny bit low on the magazine. I just filed the bottom of the slot about three or four thousandths of an inch and then polished up the edges. The original edges on the lips and slot was kind of rough, not near as smooth as the Ruger magazines. After working them over I've had no trouble and saved a good bit of coin.

Conservative

Blackhawk
I bought a Ruger 9 round magazine for my LC9S from Midway. I looked around and found them to have the best price for this magazine. $20.99, not bad compared to all the other suppliers.

Thus, I have 10 rounds immediately available (Yes, I keep one in the chamber) and a better grip. (for me at least)

Plus, I have the 7 round magazine it came with.

I ALWAYS carry a spare, fully loaded magazine.

Magazines fail to often not too...

exavid

Hunter
There is a difference in the magazines for the LCPII and LCP. Using my old spare mag the slide wouldn't catch open after the last round.