Ruger SR22 California

Help Support Ruger Forum:

TruthNotRelative

Single-Sixer
Hey guys (and gals), it's been a lonnnng time since I've posted here. I don't own my p89 anymore, all I have is my Glock 23 now (home defense). But my kids are growing and I've been wanting to take them shooting and they have the Walther P22 for $275 at my local Yellowmart. I can't afford a .22 over $300 at present but I e been told that the P22 slides are made of zinc and I've seen many pics showing cracked or broken slides. I wanted to ask 1st, does anyone here know if the Newer Walther P22 slides are still made of zinc, and does anyone here own one that they've had success with?
My second question is, can anyone tell me if the Ruger SR22 is cal compliant, and what the price difference is in cali between the SR22 and the P22. If the SR22 is cal compliant and is significantly more than the P22 I'm going to have to gamble with the P22.
Any help or input that's specific to my questions is appreciated.

One more thing! I live in Indio Ca. ans I want to take my kids shooting in the desert, but since I know no one basically, I know of no places to shoot in the open desert. Any PMs that know of specific places to shoot in the open desert where it's legal and safe is much much appreciated!

SR1911SHOOTER

Blackhawk
TruthNotRelative said:
Hey guys (and gals), it's been a lonnnng time since I've posted here. I don't own my p89 anymore, all I have is my Glock 23 now (home defense). But my kids are growing and I've been wanting to take them shooting and they have the Walther P22 for $275 at my local Yellowmart. I can't afford a .22 over $300 at present but I e been told that the P22 slides are made of zinc and I've seen many pics showing cracked or broken slides. I wanted to ask 1st, does anyone here know if the Newer Walther P22 slides are still made of zinc, and does anyone here own one that they've had success with?
My second question is, can anyone tell me if the Ruger SR22 is cal compliant, and what the price difference is in cali between the SR22 and the P22. If the SR22 is cal compliant and is significantly more than the P22 I'm going to have to gamble with the P22.
Any help or input that's specific to my questions is appreciated.

One more thing! I live in Indio Ca. ans I want to take my kids shooting in the desert, but since I know no one basically, I know of no places to shoot in the open desert. Any PMs that know of specific places to shoot in the open desert where it's legal and safe is much much appreciated!

No Offense, Truth,
I would move to another state. Seriously, I know nothing about the laws in Ca.
Blackie