Ruger Security 9, .380, .40 and .45?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

djw54

Single-Sixer
cobalt327 said:
...in either single or double stack magazine configuration...

It's probably just packaged with ten-round magazines for restrictive jurisdictions. They used the same pics for both models.

WebleyMan

Single-Sixer
Sigh...no titanium framed revolver. Just another butt-ugly polymer frame auto. Now, excuse me while I go pick up a new EC9. :)

Interesting thread! Ruger trademarked the names Security-380, Security-40, and Security-45, but by mid-2020, all were marked as abandoned at the trademark web site listed in post #1 (see page 2):

Ruger apparently had to reapply for a trade mark on the Security-380 name in February of 2022 (see page 3), to prepare for the production & marketing of that pistol. The company no longer chambers anything for the .40 S&W, so abandoning the Security-40 trademark is no surprise (albeit disappointing). And obviously, a compact Security-45 might have been interesting! Guess they can always reapply for those trademarks (as they did with the Security-380) if they change their minds!

As always IMHO, FWIW, YMMV, etc., etc.
:)

Taurus is doing very well with the 856 revolver. A 6 shot LCR in 38 or 357 would be a much better choice than the 327 which IMO is fading. Ammo too hard to find and too expensive. Recently at my LGS, I was in a conversation with the owner which I have known for over 20 yrs. He had a LCR 327 just in the shop but could not sell it and they sent it back. The Taurus Products are selling like hot cakes and with total satisfaction from Customers. The GX4 really woke up the gun industry. The 856 is the hottest revolver sold now.

Latest posts