sr9 trigger upgrade?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

willydstyle

Bearcat
I was with a friend at the gun store today helping him look at guns. I have a Ruger SR9 produced in 2012 (331- serial prefix). I wanted to compare the trigger pull on my gun side-by-side with some other guns they were selling, so I asked to see the brand new SR9 they had on the wall. To my surprise, the trigger pull was completely different from my gun. My gun has a decently long takeup followed by a nice, crisp break. The brand new gun, however, had almost no takeup, and a really light break. I don't consider the trigger on my gun to be *bad* per se, but I really liked the trigger on the new gun, even in comparison to similar guns with $100-200 higher price tags.

So my question is this: is there any way to upgrade my older SR9 with the new production trigger?

willydstyle

Bearcat
So ruger customer service told me on the phone that the gun in the store may have been damaged, because the trigger components have been the same since the recall.

exavid

Hunter
The Ghost Rocket trigger bar upgrade made a big difference in my early SR9 trigger. Pretty simple to install.
https://ghostinc.com/rocket-for-ruger/