Ruger American Pistol Compact Model With Manual Safety

Help Support Ruger Forum:

teuthis

Single-Sixer
After much research, I purchased the above model in 9mm. I really like it. The price paid was quite low; over $100 less expensive than Cabela's sells them for. First thing, I cleaned and lubed it with EEZOX.

The safety comes on and off like butter. The pistol is rugged, heavy and seems quite reliable. I opted for the shorter model in order to carry it concealed, mostly in winter. The Novak sights are easy to pick up and align.

I haven't figured out why some people are talking about a long trigger recovery. For me, it is actually short. I just need to learn the trigger and get the feel of it, like any other pistol. I plan on doing that and having fun with it.

Any opinions out there on the Ruger American Pistol?

teuthis

Single-Sixer
Thanks. I have purchased several firearms from Cabela's stores because there was nowhere else. But in this town I have found that the local gun shops are much less expensive. They did all the paperwork on the firearms I sold them too. $112 is no small amount of money. Also, this store Gus's Guns in Green Bay, actually Suamico, had a large selection of everything, and a vested interest in helping me and making a new customer, which they did. That is "my gunstore" now.

The price I paid was lower than I could have gotten online, with the tax, shipping, paperwork and such. I was quite pleased. I am new here and had looked around town at all the places before I made my decision. I even ran across a large store who's manager says "We generally stay away from Ruger." So I generally stay away from them. haha.

Thanks for your information and ideas. :)

teuthis

Single-Sixer
I totally agree Mulebuk. The local gun shops have realized the competition from online stores and acted to protect themselves with better prices in many cases. It's nice to have a place one can walk into and chat and look around. Local is best.

What gun did you purchase?

teuthis

Single-Sixer
My Ruger LCP has never had any failure issues. I carry it daily and have confidence that it will fire when necessary. I shoot it at the range once in a while too. I have carried the Ruger LCR in 22 LR too. And S&W snubs. I like the LCP.

I shot the American Compact today and it is an excellent firearm. I need more practice to become accustomed to the trigger, as in any handgun. I would like to see photos of your new pistol. I am not familiar with it. Good Luck!