LCP 2 380

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Buckeye!

Blackhawk
Thinking about purchasing a LCP 2 ..
Owners of ,,, what do you think about the little pistol ?

louchia

Single-Sixer
I like the LCP II. Carried one for about 6 mos. It's a great CC. I found it to be more durable than the LCP. I had 3 of those that gave out in 1000 rnds or less. After the last, Ruger agreed to give me a II as a replacement. I thought it to be ,ore accurate and easiir to handle.
It is now my alternate CC. I was introduced to a Sig P238 and thought it was very accurate, easier slide.and has a thumb safety. Then I tried the Sig P938 which is same gun in 9mm. Wow, It is almost twice the cost of the II but a 9mm with less recoil, easier slide, more accurate, all metal, with a thumb safety.
I still like my II, will not part with it and would recommend it to anyone not wanting to spend the money for a more expensive gun.
By the way, it's LCP II not LCP2. LCP2 usually means LCP 2nd generation or LCP Gen2.
My suggestion, buy the LCP II You will love it.

vaguru

Bearcat
I was hesitant due to the reviews I read online. My son bought me one for my birthday last May. Gun has been flawless with over 750 rds down range so far. Love the trigger, sights are useable, not that much bigger than the KelTec P3AT I was carrying, but shoots so much easier due to the trigger.

If you think you want one, go for it. I was pleasantly surprised not to have any issues and am thoroughly pleased with the LCP II.

teuthis

Single-Sixer
I looked at the LCP-2 but the butt is thicker than the LCP. I have never had any issues with the LCP and continue to carry it daily and shoot it on occasion to keep familiar. Either one is one of the best on the market.

Fox4Alpha

Bearcat
I am new to this forum and this is my first post. I hope you don't find my comments verbose. My wife was carrying my LCP, but found the slide difficult to rack. I gave her an LCP II for Christmas. It was the answer for the issues we had with the original gun. Easier to rack the slide, better trigger, bigger sights and more controllable during recoil. She still had some difficulty with the black front sight, but a little sight paint fixed that. If I had to suggest any improvement to the LCP II, it would be the sights. While adequate for their intended purpose, old eyes would benefit from a contrasting color or a dot of some kind on the front sight. I now carry the original LCP as my daily pocket and back up pistol. I own both a Sig 238 and 938, but I have never been completely comfortable with "cocked and locked" carry in any way other than in a holster. (I know, I know, I have heard both sides of that argument for more years than I care to mention. It is totally my personal opinion.) The Sig 938 is my regular CCW gun, but I still carry the LCP as a backup.

louchia

Single-Sixer
I also have both LCP II and Sig P938. The Sig is my preferred EDC. The II is my alternate. I like both very much. The Sig is only slightly bigger and is 9mm.

PM9

Bearcat
I have owned a LCP II for one whole day. I bought it as a replacement for a Seecamp .32 that hurt my finger every time I fired a shot. I picked it up, checked to make sure it was oiled and the barrel was clear and walked right into the range. I only had a few rounds of assorted ammo and I had two failures to eject with the Blazer brass. Both may have been a mag failure. The Browning hardball ammo I had worked perfectly. I took the gun home and gave it a through cleaning. There was a lot of thick oil on the gun from the factory. Moreover, I also a couple of extra factory mags that were coated inside and out with what appeared to be a very thick dried oily material. I took the floorplates off all three mags and cleaned the insides which will allow the followers to slide much more evenly. I strongly suspect my 2 FTE's were caused by my excitement in shooting the gun before a good cleaning preceded a trip to the range.
I painted the front sight white followed by an overcoat of fluorescent red. The gun is a very pleasant shooter and the lockback feature worked perfectly with all three mags. The gun is small, well made by a reputable manufacturer, and the cost is low enough to appeal to a lot of people.
Tomorrow morning I will give it a good solid 100+ round test with a few different brands including Federal HST 77gr. ammo.

louchia

Single-Sixer
"There was a lot of thick oil on the gun from the factory."
I would bet that's the problem.
I would never shoot a gun right out of the box and expect good results.
I have several Ruger and they were all dirty out of the box. Ruger range tests every gun before shipping.

PM9

Bearcat
Ran a few different brands through the LCP II yesterday. Everything shot just fine. Another 100 or so and I will test 50 Federal HST which will probably be my eventual carry load. The gun is not unpleasant to shoot at all. I shot at 30 feet with groups of about 6" if I took my time and watched my finger placement. My next range trip will involve rapid fire at 21 feet. Overall, the gun serves it's intended purpose of being a small gun that easily to shoot and very concealable. This thing is not a fighting gun, it is a last ditch elevator gun and I will only carry the little Ruger if my other choices, a Kahr PM9 or snubbie, are not practical as their accuracy and shootability exceeds that of the LCP II.