SR45 questions

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tdyoung58

Bearcat
Long story, bought a SR9e and really like it. I mainly shoot 45's. Mostly a old Ruger P90 and 1911's.
Thinking, hey, I like the SR9e, maybe I'll get a SR45.
I'm looking at reviews, seems there's a lot of really crappy ones ... And tons of crappy YouTube video reviews.

Is this gun really a dog or is it worth purchasing ?
Thanks

Armybrat

Buckeye
I bought an SR9 first and really liked it - son loved the gun, so gave it to him. Bought an SR45 next, love it.... and he ain't getting that one. The .45 has been my bedside table HD pistol for several years - if that tells you anything what I think about that particular gun. Great value for what I think is an accurate & reliable quality pistol.

As far as Internet comments & reviews, if those guided my gun purchasing, I'd be carrying a Louisville Slugger instead of a firearm. Some fanboys gonna trash everything except their own, which they pimp as the most perfect thing since sliced bread.

If you like your SR9e, then you'll probably like an SR45.

websterz

Single-Sixer
I love my SR9. My SR45...not so much. It is extremely picky when it comes to ammo. It refuses to feed HP's reliably. I have a couple thousand rounds of ball through it but I haven't found any HP that it likes. My cheap 1911 on the other hand will eat anything I throw at it. I had hoped the SR45 would be as reliable as my SR9 and would be a good carry pistol. It gets out to the range now and then but I would never trust my life to it.

planetcat

Single-Sixer
I have an sr9c and liked it so much, i bought the sr45 when it first came out. Mine was problem free with all types of ammo. I recently sold it for no particular reason, but really enjoyed shooting it. If you like the SR platform, I say go for it. You won be disappointed.