LC9S failure.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

cjs1945

Single-Sixer
Took my new LC9S Titanium to range yesterday, and on the 186 th. round that it has fired the sear spring failed. The L shaped end on the sear spring that fits in a groove on the chassis had came loose and was pointing up, and trigger would not reset. I disassembled and examined parts but could find nothing abnormal, after reassembly and seating spring where it belonged the pistol functions perfect again. Has anyone else had this problem with the LC9S? It functions fine now but i am concerned about the possibility of it happening again.

teuthis

Single-Sixer
I have only fired mine on one range session so far. No issues. Thanks for the heads up though. I am going to look mine over now. Good luck!

cjs1945

Single-Sixer
Tried LC9S again at range Wednesday after talking to Ruger rep. who had not heard of any sear spring issues and it failed to fire after every 4 to 10 rounds. There is definitely an issue with the spring or frame, so Ruger sent a shipping sticker and Thursday afternoon it went back to Prescott.

WMB30

Single-Sixer
Bet you will have it back next week. My wifes LC9sPro failed the ejector. Turn around was 6 days. Tues she fired 344 rds no problem. Will have to check the record but that should be over 9K rds for that pistol.

ill

cjs1945

Single-Sixer
Dropped LC9s off at Fed EX on Aug. 17 and got it back on Aug. 30. They replaced the sear spring and repaired the insert (he part with the cereal number) and fired 21 rounds of Black Hill ammo without any problems. I took it to the range and run 60 rounds of 124 gr. FMJ threw it without any problems, now another 200 rounds and i will consider it suitable to carry.