Rebate question.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

DanPop

Bearcat
I bought my Bodyguard from PSA in May, been 3 months almost to the day. Sent in my rebate before end of May. Bottom line, it's been 10 weeks, normal?

Seems to be a slow process. Some folks are now reporting their rebates trickling in.

Discusion from another forum...

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/threads/smith-and-wesson-rebates.249914/

Looks like there is some way you can check to make sure you are in the system on line... also, I would watch the mail real close I noticed that often companies mail these kinds of checks in an envelope that looks like junk mail. I don't expect Smith and Wesson would stoop to this... but if they out sourced the the program then who knows... sending checks in what looks like junk mail envelopes will cause a certain number to be tossed with out opening and then some of those folks will forget about it....

Mike J

Hunter
blume357 said:
Looks like there is some way you can check to make sure you are in the system on line... also, I would watch the mail real close I noticed that often companies mail these kinds of checks in an envelope that looks like junk mail. I don't expect Smith and Wesson would stoop to this... but if they out sourced the the program then who knows... sending checks in what looks like junk mail envelopes will cause a certain number to be tossed with out opening and then some of those folks will forget about it....

I'm trying to remember where I saw it but someone posted that their S&W rebate came in an envelope that did not say S&W. They did say it looked like junk mail. Blume is spot on. I'll see if I can find it for you.

Mike J

Hunter
Found it. Someone posted at GeorgiaPacking. Here is a link http://www.georgiapacking.org/forum/showthread.php?t=273008

Azrael

Bearcat
Could be one of the worst public relations efforts ever. After many phone calls and e-mails with no response I finally got a real person at S&W. Was told that my rebate submitted May 23, had just been processed on July 28 and the check mailed, and that it would take a "few" weeks for the check to arrive in the mail...it actually arrived Aug.11. Also told that the on-line search would not work if you put in all the data "they" requested. Only input zip code and last name...anything else and it doesn't work.

DanPop

Bearcat
Thanks all for the replies, especially since I meant to post on a S&W forum. Thank God for vodka.

Azrael

Bearcat
"How in the world does it take two weeks for a check to get to you via U.S. mail?"
As explained to me by a S&W rep.(these are not my words) they print the checks which are sent to the to a small local Post Office in bulk usually late on a Friday. These bulk checks (usually several thousand at a time) must be sorted by zip by the Post Office which of course doesn't work on weekends. By the time the checks are sorted to be truly on the way it is the following weekend. Certainly helps S&W's cash flow ... they can say "the checks in the mail" knowing it won't be received for 2 weeks. S&W has a problem with dates. I submitted my request for rebate online May 23 and have their response " you rebate submission has been received" on that date, yet when I finally got to talk to a rep. I was told that my rebate submission hit their system on June 1. Now that's one slow computer!

Ruger Redhawk

Single-Sixer
I received a email notice from S&W. It gave this number to check on my S&W Shield rebates. 1-866-963-7933

I submitted my first rebate (on line) on April 8th and didn't get that rebate until July 6th. A week later on April 15th I submitted a 2nd rebate and I received it on July 17 so they aren't in a hurry

I suggest calling that number and checking. I was only on for a couple minutes and knew approx when my 2nd rebate would get here. I was told it was processed and allow 10 days.

S&W did apologize for how long the rebates were taking. I would imagine that number would be for all of the S&W rebates.If not they can point you in the right direction I'm sure.
I know I was relieved when the 2nd one showed up. They should just discount them through the selling dealers it would be allot easier on everyone.
The checks did come in small envelopes as already mentioned that looked like junk mail and there was nothing to do with S&W on the envelopes.

Armybrat

Buckeye
I bought a Shield 9mm in early May, IIRC, mailed the paperwork in on the 16th of that month, and received my cash rebate check August 2nd.
Yeah, it took about 10 days for it to arrive after the postmarked date. Guess their postal mule is undernourished.

DanPop

Bearcat
So my rebate came in the mail today. Oddly it's more of a card than a traditional paper check, about 3"x5" but it's still worth 50 bucks I guess. So bottom line, I paid $169 plus $30 for ffl for it.... Personal Victory.

Armybrat

Buckeye
Can't beat that price. I also got a Remington RM380 for about what you paid for your BG (after rebate).
Bought the Remington R1 1911 for $499 from GaG, and got a $100 cash rebate.

All are great value pistols, even if they are "low end" to the 1%ers.