Does Anyone Own A Kimber Micro 9?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Cholo

Staff member
I was in Cabela's 2 days ago and a guy next to me was buying the coolest looking gun I've seen in a long time. I asked him what it was and it was a Kimber Micro 9 Two Tone. Normally I don't like 2 tones at all, but it just looked so right on this mini 9. My friend and I both noticed that the two tone looked much smaller than the all stainless.

www.kimberamerica.com/micro-9-tt

Every time I think Kimber I kinda cringe for the same reason many of you do :) I have a very early Kimber Eclipse and it's a great .45! I havn't considered one since. This particular Micro 9 is on sale for $530. Bud's, KY Guns--no one has them in stock. The reviews are pretty good.

Any experiences?

SR1911SHOOTER

Blackhawk
Cholo said:
I was in Cabela's 2 days ago and a guy next to me was buying the coolest looking gun I've seen in a long time. I asked him what it was and it was a Kimber Micro 9 Two Tone. Normally I don't like 2 tones at all, but it just looked so right on this mini 9. My friend and I both noticed that the two tone looked much smaller than the all stainless.

http://www.kimberamerica.com/micro-9-tt

Every time I think Kimber I kinda cringe for the same reason many of you do :) I have a very early Kimber Eclipse and it's a great .45! I havn't considered one since. This particular Micro 9 is on sale for $530. Bud's, KY Guns--no one has them in stock. The reviews are pretty good.

Any experiences?

I do not buy Kimbers nor any other firearm accessories made in the state of New York. I refuse to pay their taxes
that are used for gun control. Nor any other state that does this.
Blackie

findlayref19

Bearcat
I chose the Sig P938. It's a virtual twin to the Micro 9. It will even accept the Kimber mags. https://www.sigsauer.com/products/firearms/pistols/p938/

Opus1792

Bearcat
I've shot one of these recently. They're a nice pistol, but they are very jumpy and are very small for what I think are average sized hands. If you want a edc, there are other good choices in this segment

Ruger Redhawk

Single-Sixer
I was going to buy Kimber Micro 9 but changed my mind. I've had a very similar Sig P 938 for right @ 4yrs. The Sig and Kimber were so much alike I decided to just stick with my Sig instead. I fact I liked the P 938 so much I bought it's little brother the P 238.

I'm sure the Kimber Micro is a fine gun but I know what I have with my Sig's.

woodsy

Blackhawk
My BIL has one of those Kimbers. Already sent back to the factory once, and he knows it will return again when he reaches the 2000-round point, requiring him to have the slide springs replaced.
Not my cup-a-tea.

Fox4Alpha

Bearcat
I chose the Sig938 over the Kimber Micro 9 because of price and because I am a "meat and potatoes" kind of guy. Both are good pistols, but I am not big on flashy guns. I have never owned a Kimber firearm. I am sure they are high quality, but a Sig has never let me down.

wildturk

Single-Sixer
I can't say anything bad about the pistol and the price isn't bad. I have 4 or 5 other Kimber's all 1911's in 45 ACP that have been problem free. I've carried the Tactical Ultra II every day since 2007, it's a very reliable pistol. The one post about "slide springs" requiring a trip to Kimber's shop isn't true. They are easily changed as are any semi auto recoil springs by the owner. Every brand has Guns returned, things break and wear.

loaded round

Hunter
Cholo: I bought a Micro 9 CDP about 2 weeks ago and after giving it a through cleaning and oiling went to my local range and put 100 rounds through mine without a single problem. My ammo was hand-loaded, both lead and RN jacketed 115 gr bullets. Excellent little carry pistol and it will be mine, after another 200 rounds go thru it. I highly recommend the Micro 9 and I bought from Buds by the way.

Cholo

Staff member
loaded round, I saw your post on the Kimber Forum. I was all set to buy the Two Tone linked above when I noticed it didn't even have 3 dot sights. The review guns of that model did, but the current production doesn't :? A week ago Sat. I went to Cabela's to buy the Stainless model but I just couldn't fall in love with it.

So, now you planted that bug in my ear, again. Thanks a lot! :x ( :mrgreen: )

Cabela's still has $70 off, + I have a $30 store credit, and starting tomorrow I get an extra 5% off. I like the CSE model (Cabela's Special Edition--I guess) that looks similar to my early Eclipse .45, that can be had for $608 OTD. Decisions...

http://www.cabelas.com/product/KIMBER-MICRO-CDP-PISTOL/2000298.uts?searchPath=%2Fbrowse.cmd%3FcategoryId%3D734095080%26CQ_search%3Dkimber%2Bmicro%2B9

loaded round

Hunter
Cholo: Mine does have the 3 dot night sights. Want to see a pic of it or did you see it?
Loadedround

Cholo said:
loaded round, I saw your post on the Kimber Forum. I was all set to buy the Two Tone linked above when I noticed it didn't even have 3 dot sights. The review guns of that model did, but the current production doesn't :? A week ago Sat. I went to Cabela's to buy the Stainless model but I just couldn't fall in love with it.

So, now you planted that bug in my ear, again. Thanks a lot! :x ( :mrgreen: )

Cabela's still has $70 off, + I have a $30 store credit, and starting tomorrow I get an extra 5% off. I like the CSE model (Cabela's Special Edition--I guess) that looks similar to my early Eclipse .45, that can be had for $608 OTD. Decisions...

http://www.cabelas.com/product/KIMBER-MICRO-CDP-PISTOL/2000298.uts?searchPath=%2Fbrowse.cmd%3FcategoryId%3D734095080%26CQ_search%3Dkimber%2Bmicro%2B9

Cholo

Staff member
My Kimber Eclipse has the night sights so I don't need to see them. They're not bright anymore, but you can still see them after 14 years :shock:

I'd be concerned about the KimPro ll frame finish holding up.

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye
Cholo said:
Any experiences?
Have one with the Crimson Trace. LIKE the CT.

My "problems" are the standard magazine makes it too short a grip to
really hold on to (got several 7 rounders and that is cured), and the
trigger, while crisp, is a tad HEAVY! My best guess is in the eight to
nine pound range. - - - YES, you can adjust to it, but if you shoot any
with a reasonable trigger, then come back to the micro, you REALLY
notice it.

A side issue (?) is that you really don't want to use +P. With standard
loads it comes to the high end of acceptable recoil. With +P . . . :roll:

P.S. I found the trigger smoothed out nicely after about four or five
hundred dry-fire cycles. :D If you could drop the trigger back to near
the five pound range, it would be quite nice. :wink: