LC9s in 45acp

Help Support Ruger Forum:

scubadad

Bearcat
Does anybody think ruger will ever make the lc9 platform in 45acp?? I really like the lc9s just wish it came in 45.

Don't think so, frame, slide, too many parts would have to be made wider and a bit longer. Lc9s is smaller than a s&w shield, but it would have to become that large to work reliably in 45acp, in my opinion..

vulcannut

Bearcat
greenmtnguy said:
Don't think so, frame, slide, too many parts would have to be made wider and a bit longer. Lc9s is smaller than a s&w shield, but it would have to become that large to work reliably in 45acp, in my opinion..

I would have to agree. It's an interesting thought as the MP shield in 45 ACP is doing well you whonder if Ruger will come out with a single stack 45 polymer pistol to compete with it.

I am actually waiting for them to revamp the SR series but ........

MountainWalker

Single-Sixer
The LC9 was a copy and upgrade of Kel Tech PF-9. This concept was conceived as a super light weight 9mm, with high speed hammer and lightweight slide. Ruger copied and really upgraded, but I don't see this concept going further. If you want lwt 45, the XDs is an excellent choice. It seems the new SW Shield is also well regarded.