LCP II - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Double Drops

Bearcat
New to the forum. Howdy!
I've had my eye on the LCP II. I owned one of the original LCP's a few years ago but unfortunately (and regretfully) I sold it.
So, now that the LCP II has been out several months, what's the main consensus on it from those of you that have shot it. How do you like it compared to the original LCP?

vaguru

Bearcat
I'm totally satisfied with the LCP II. Great trigger, good sights(if you use them), superb accuracy, great pointability, not that much bigger than the LCP, better gripping ability which tames the recoil a great deal along with the small amount of added weight.

I'm not sensitive to recoil with smaller guns, I shoot 100-200 rounds a range trip (about every other week) with my P-3AT, LCP II and my LC9S Pro. Don't notice recoil as a problem. Shoot all 3 per trip. 380's first, usually 100-150 rds each, then the 9 for 200 rds since it's so much fun to shoot!

The LCP II is now my warm/hot weather EDC, replacing the P-3AT due to its superb trigger pull. The P-3AT is laser equipped, so it still gets the nod during evening/night trips. For times when more clothing is worn, the LC9S Pro is EDC. I like the LCP II very well, but I really really like the LC9S Pro!

scubadad

Bearcat
Love my lcp2. It has replaced my lcr as my edc gun. Never in a million years would I have thought this would happen.

Had a few issues in the first 50 rounds but all has smoothed out. Mine really likes fiocchi. Have not tried any hollow points yet.

louchia

Single-Sixer
I had 4 LCP that all had issues. After sending in the last one to Ruger, which was to be replaced, I asked for a LCP II instead. They were good enough to honor my request. I now have about 1000 rnds through it with no issues.
The II is more accurate, and easier on felt recoil. The minor difference in size and weight makes no difference in conceal ability and comfort for EDC.

IslandRuger

Bearcat
Many seem to have had good luck with the LCP II but I, like many others, had multiple FTEs in the first couple hundred rounds, with both the old and new magazines, and this morning I had a catastrophic failure. About 75 rounds into a reliability and break-in session, the trigger reset suddenly died - I could manually return it forward and the II still fired - and when trying to do a takedown to evaluate, the slide moved forward about half-way and stopped. After a lot of wiggling and swearing the slide came off and the frame is bulged outward on the right side in the general area of the trigger just below the slide rail

Calling Ruger Monday.

Love the pistol if it works - great accuracy, comfortable - but I don't know if I'll ever have confidence in it even as a BUG.

Latest posts