P345 Shoulder Holster

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hdonlybob

Single-Sixer
I am looking for a shoulder holster for my Ruger P345. (Right Hand)
I am 6'5" and ~380lbs, so other holsters just don't work for concealed for me.. I use a pocked holster for my .380 auto.
Any suggestions...does not have to be pretty, just useful..
I rarely wear a belt also..
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks much,
HD

santabob

Bearcat
i have the time to make you one.
i have a p345 to use to fit up. would make straps a bit long so you can trim. i make the holster with a narrow strap behind neck and down front to belt loop( adjustable) would put strap from holster to belt loop .????
let me know. tooling is extra.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Galco makes the thing you're seeking. 'splain it to them.
Galco classic lite shoulder system p345

Also http://www.kirkpatrickleather.com/holsters/ruger/holster-for-ruger-p345

For field/hiking/hunting B/U, etc., I often use a 1911 "tanker" style rig, and they're available in simple leather surplus, all the way up the scale to El Paso Saddelry and others, for real visual effect. I start with Commander-sized holsters. You can order with or w/o the goofy "us" stamping:
image deleted to avoid confusion.

The P345 packs lightly and provides real-world protection from predators of all species here. And I share my hills with mountain lions and rabid whetever, so a good subsonic heavyweight 45ACP bullet makes good sense on the trail and in public.

gb6491

Single-Sixer
Foothills of the Gila Mountains, SW Arizona.
My experience with my P345 and "GI" shoulder holsters (the M7 in particular) differs from that of previous posters. Perhaps they have the non -rail version of the P345, but my mine, with the rail, will not go far enough into my M7 shoulder holster for me to consider that it fits. This is as far as it goes (the rail and the front sight are bulging the leather at this point):

I suppose if the leather was heavily oiled/stretched my 345 might fit, but I prefer my M7 as is because it's a perfect fit for the non-rail 1911 pistols I have:

Regards,
Greg

mohavesam

Hawkeye
That is a 1911 holster, the OP would need to order one for a P345 for a more-better fit. My Tanker rig fits snugly but maybe because it is soft er and has years of use.
I agree the version w/o the stupid rail may be a better option if a more generic fit is wanted.
I believe that Kirkpatrick has what he's looking for.

Either version of the P345 should never let you down.

hdonlybob

Single-Sixer
Thanks for all the replies... and sorry for the late follow up by me.
I am having some not too good heart problems, so haven't spent much time on here...
My apologies.....
HD

Ruger Redhawk

Single-Sixer
hdonlybob said:
Thanks for all the replies... and sorry for the late follow up by me.
I am having some not too good heart problems, so haven't spent much time on here...
My apologies.....
HD

I hope you get doing better.
I don't know anything about a shoulder holster for a P 345 so I can't help you there.
Take care of yourself and I hope that you get feeling better.

Bob, I like these guys https://www.diamonddcustomleather.com/products/guides-choice-chest-holster I have a couple of their holsters mine are for revolvers and I didn't see a holster for a P345 but can't imagine they can't do it. I'm real close to your size 6'1" and 365#. When I was in Alaska I had them adjust it to me and they have an additional piece they added (at no cost) to the back for my size. They are a little spendy but they are a quality product. You might give them a call and see if they can do the hoslter for that model. It looks like a chest holster but can be adjusted so the holster is under your left arm. Good luck with the project, glad you are feeling better.