Got myself in a hole

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bigbob

Single-Sixer
I have a P-94, 9mm that I am changing the front sight on. REASON, I am getting old and my eyes like the hi viz sights better. BUT I jumped too soon on the project. After getting the Hi Viz sight, the 1/16 roll pin punch, new 1/16 roll pins, etc, I find that the pins/holes in the gun frame are SMALLER than 1/16. OPPS!!! so I just sent Ruger an e-mail, what the blue blazes size are the roll pins, so I can buy a new punch, pins etc OR!!!!! should I bull ahead and DRILL out the existing pins and MAKE the new holes/pins 1/16 just like the p-89, p-95, p-90, etc. The frame on the P-94/p-97 is made in such a way that there is more room to drill it out and still put 1/16 pins in. Anyone with a p-89 & p-94 can look to see what I am talking about. 110* here in AZ so you can't shoot anyway, so I do have some time to contemplate this.
WELL, what do you guys think????? anyone been through the same ting I am going through right now.
I could put the sight on a P-89 but I shoot the P-94 more. ps NOW I know why they did not have the P-94/p-97 listed on the Hi Viz sight package Thanks for any help, BOB

louchia

Single-Sixer
Keep in mind that if you drill out the holes for different pins, you will probably void the warranty.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
louchia said:
Keep in mind that if you drill out the holes for different pins, you will probably void the warranty.
Nonesense. Yes, go ahead and drill the holes to a uniform 1/16" and use the pins, etc. you are used to. Ruger won't care one way or the other and, if you sell the gun, the new owner will probably thank you.

roylt

Hunter
If you got plenty of meat to work with on the slide, I say go for it. It is your gun so you just need to make one guy happy and that is you.

Keep the P-guns alive!!