Xs Big dots on LC9s Anybody got 'em?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

buckshotshorty

Single-Sixer
Since I carry my LC9s most of the time I thought it would be a good idea to put some tritium sights on her. This gun often doubles as my bedside gun as well.
I like the xs Big Dots I have on another firearm, so that's what I ordered for the LC9s. My only concern is because I pocket carry the design of the sights are somewhat angular and I fear the gun may snag once I install these sights.
Any thoughts?

~JM~

Single-Sixer
Build yourself a leather pocket holster with a large enough site tunnel for clearance & an almost snag free draw. How big is the front site as compared to a #2 pencil? Might be able to use a pencil for the site tunnel, or stop by the hardware store & pick up a wood dowel of the correct diameter. Make the top of the holster & site tunnel about an inch longer than the length of the firearm & shape it to curve upwards. During the draw, that portion of the holster will catch on the inside top of your pocket & help release the handgun.

buckshotshorty

Single-Sixer
~JM~ said:
Build yourself a leather pocket holster with a large enough site tunnel for clearance & an almost snag free draw. How big is the front site as compared to a #2 pencil? Might be able to use a pencil for the site tunnel, or stop by the hardware store & pick up a wood dowel of the correct diameter. Make the top of the holster & site tunnel about an inch longer than the length of the firearm & shape it to curve upwards. During the draw, that portion of the holster will catch on the inside top of your pocket & help release the handgun.

Since I have extra leather, (I've made most of my own holsters for about 7 years now) that's actually not a bad idea!

Rei40c

Blackhawk
WildWes said:
My LC9s's, one with an XS Big Dot sight compared to the standard Ruger sight.

I've fired the lc9 with standard sights but never an XS Big Dot. Tremendous improvement and perfect considering the up close role of the gun. My first impression of the XS sights by just looking at them was they would not be very useful for long range. But I found video on youtube of people hitting well out to 25 yards and beyond with them.

I planned to buy some I just never got around to it.