Going Sell Price for KP89 ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

PAVTXER

Single-Sixer
I have a few of the KP series and am partial to the KP93DC, KP94DC and KP944DC, so I am considering selling my KP89 Safety model (with less than 500 rounds thru it). What is the going selling/buying price? I intend to keep the others and my KP90, but just don't shoot this one and could put the funds to better use for ammo, accessories or more/other gun stuff.

I know PA is pretty good on low prices for guns... but I would personally hold out for around $350... I'm like you and have no need for that Safety feature... but some one will and a P89 in stainless is a work horse and a half. But you know the later model P89s (most of them) you can change the slide to a decock model, they are interchangeable.

PAVTXER

Single-Sixer
blume357 said:
I know PA is pretty good on low prices for guns... but I would personally hold out for around $350... I'm like you and have no need for that Safety feature... but some one will and a P89 in stainless is a work horse and a half. But you know the later model P89s (most of them) you can change the slide to a decock model, they are interchangeable.

Not sure PA is THAT good on prices, new ones not soo much. Yep I intend to take it to a shop or two to see what they value it at, if even for trade in. There is a shop that has a PC9 that I have considered, but I'm not sure if a PC9 or a pistol carbine, is any better than the pistol itself. Would be nice having tho if the price was right (and it wasn't a month ago when I saw it there....if it is still there). In any event I will at least have trade in price to consider.

roylt

Hunter
Sadly the 89 does not have a great following like it once did. It does use the same mags as the PC9. Keep it and get the PC9 too!! You know you want to complete your collection... HAHA

Keep the P-guns alive!!

PAVTXER

Single-Sixer
blume357 said:
Pav... find out what they want for that PC9..... I'd venture any thing less than $600 is a deal.... these are for sure collectors items... but on top of that, they are fun to shoot.

I think I recall that he offered 900 out the door a month ago. Not sure if it is still in stock, but I might drag the grandson and the KP89 out there to see if it is still available. I have plenty of mags to feed the other KP's on hand, even some 30 rounders. I have a 25rd drum mag for the KP90 too.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
PAVTXER said:
I think I recall that he offered 900 out the door a month ago. Not sure if it is still in stock, but I might drag the grandson and the KP89 out there to see if it is still available. I have plenty of mags to feed the other KP's on hand, even some 30 rounders. I have a 25rd drum mag for the KP90 too.
I live where you do and I'd be very interested is hearing how much the dealer offers you for the KP89.

Have you posted it on Pennswoods or the PA Armslist? I've had very good response from both of these and done far better than any dealer would offer as a trade.

PAVTXER

Single-Sixer
Well.... I checked at one dealer in New Alexandria since I was out that way, and he was the one with the PC9. He wants 899.00 for the PC9, and it only has 4 standard mags with (not sure if they are 10rds or 17, but no 30's). He looked at both my KP89 and my S&W Model 10-6 (70's Vintage) and agreed they were both in excellent condition, no wear and likely low round count (which they are). He wouldn't make an offer but when I suggested a trade for his PC9 his ears wiggled, but didn't like the figure I was asking for my two....probably just as much as I didn't like his high price.

I have not heard of the two web sights you mentioned above, but will check them out. I have considered listing on PAFOA tho.

wvjoetc

Single-Sixer
In the last couple of weeks I've bought two P89's both SS, one was DC and I gave 275 for it and a real nice gun. The other was with a safety, I have 240 in it. Around my neck of the woods if their anymore than 300 bucks they just don't sell, but each area is different.

mpalm

Single-Sixer
i sold my KP89 for $450 last year. It had 5,000 round through it and looked brand new with 2 15 round blued magazines. There is a market for them. they are reliable. $450 was my high asking price, I would sell it for around $400,but never had to lower the price because it sold in 3 days

A.J.

Single-Sixer
I have a P89. It's the first 9mm pistol I ever purchased. Actually, it's the first centerfire I ever purchased. I use it as a "car gun" because it's 100% reliable, very accurate and if it gets stolen, I'm only out $250 or so.

Nowadays, the P89 is kind of long in the tooth and doesn't get a lot of respect with all the fancy polymer pistols in the market right now. I still like mine. It's not the best handgun in the world, but I'm keeping it.

wildturk

Single-Sixer
Sounds like it's time to get a few in the Classified section. I have several P Series to move, 93's, 94's, 95 and a KP89X. Most if not all are NIB with everything as they come from the factory. Have a KP345 to.