Pocket Holsters for the LCP

Help Support Ruger Forum:

DonD

Single-Sixer
I know there have been threads on this topic but I never find forum search functions very user friendly. I did do a search and got a huge number of pages of responses, most of which had absolutely nothing to do with my question.

I have both the holster that came with the gun and a DeSantis Gunhide. The DeSantis is several years old and is in good shape but isn't "sticky" and does move around in the pocket.

Suggestions? Thanks, Don

Tommy Neil

Bearcat
Versa Carry has a pocket holster from water buffalo not a bad price I use one every day

DonD said:
I know there have been threads on this topic but I never find forum search functions very user friendly. I did do a search and got a huge number of pages of responses, most of which had absolutely nothing to do with my question.

I have both the holster that came with the gun and a DeSantis Gunhide. The DeSantis is several years old and is in good shape but isn't "sticky" and does move around in the pocket.

Suggestions? Thanks, Don

I like the DeSantis pocket holster. Just a fact of life that they lose their stickiness after a period of time. Fortunately for the pocket holsters, they are not expensive to replace.

WAYNO.

WRGADog

Bearcat
The Remora can either be carried in the pocket or IWB. Both work well for the LCP II.

Cholo

Staff member
I use an Uncle George's Wallet holster in my front right pocket. He doesn't make one for the LCP ll. If choosing a sticky type holster, my Remora, for another gun, is far stickier than my DeSantis.

http://www.unclegeorgeswalletholsters.com/Pages/UncleGeorgesWalletHolsters.aspx

www.remoraholsterstore.com

CoyoteHunter_

Bearcat
gramps said:
I use an Uncle Mikes, size 1
gramps
I use an Uncle Mike's size 5 pocket holster and then put it inside the pocket of my 5.11 holster shirt. I learned to dress around the weapon and have been buying and wearing the 5.11 clothing for the last few years. I have two of the 5.11 holster vests. I wear then under a Magellan Fishing Shirt that is over sized for me. I normally wear a 2xl size shirt and my new undershirts are all 2xl. I'm 5'10" tall but weight 270 lbs now. I'm wearing the 5.11 taclite short and the 5.11 long pants in the colder months. I wear a regular Jockey T shirt in Size 2XL under the 5.11 holster shirt. The holster yugo is compression fit and it's made out of polyester and spandex. I hand wash them or use a washing machine with warm water not hot and not bleach or fabric softener. They are easy to keep clean and are very comfortable to wear. The Magellan Fishing shirt has a venting cape system in the back of the shirt and has deep front pockets for my eye glasses and other stuff like Smart phone if needed. But I carry my smart phone in the 5.11 holster shirt's pocket. The Magellan Fishing Shirts sell for 19.99 at Academy Sporting Goods Store. You can order then online. The other day I was getting out of my truck in the parking lot and the girl driving the other truck next to me noticed my Magellan Fishing Shirt and commented that we were both wearing the same type of shirt. So they are popular. I was at another store an some little boy came up to me and looked up at me and said. "you look cool". I about fell over. That's not something that I get much of these days as I'm older and heavier. But little kids just blurt out what they think. I know as I use to life guard at the beach every summer for ten years and was around kids a lot each summer. The shirts are comfortable and keeps my OWB gun covered when I wear my Walther's PPQ M2 9 mm in my Stealthgear OWB Flex holster on my 5.11 Taclite or Stryker Pants. I use an Alien Gear Belt or a 5.11 belt that are both made for carrying the weight of a gun and holster. And I added some Perry suspenders to help keep my pants up with all the extra weight on the belt/pants. I have an Aliengear twin mag carrier on my left hip with two double stack 9 mm PPQ walther's magazines ready to use. The Aliengear mag carrier has an adjustable cant and can be worn IWB or OWB. They also have adjustable retention on each mag carrier with three screws to adjust the tension on the magazines inside the magazine carrier. Two screws on the top and one on the bottom so the adjustment and tension can be adjusted just right. I've had $65 Dollar PPQ M2 9mm double stack Magazines filled with 17 rounds of 9 mm Hornady Critical Duty FlexLock ammo fall out of my Uncle Mikes Mag carrier a few times in the past and got ride of that magazine carrier. It's in the dead end drawn now with all the other magazine carrier and old holster that didn't work out.

I like carrying OWB as it's much more comfortable for me and it's easier to draw the gun out. But I found that I needed to cover the gun/holster and the extra magazines on my belt so that I didn't draw attention to myself in the grocery store or other public places. Plus I don't want anyone to know that I'm carrying a gun for tactical reasons. The element of surprise is lost if you carry openly. While it's perfectly legal and I do it on occasion when at the local Fish and Wildlife Area while fishing it's something that I don't do all the time. I want to cover my weapon and keep the element of surprise. Anyone that shoots a lot and knows what the 5.11 clothing line is all about will know what type of clothing I'm wearing and what it means. I was in a gun sporting goods store one day and a guy asked me if I was carrying. I was wearing a loose 2XL Cotton T shirt and a holster under it sans gun. I left my gun in the truck that day. This was when I first started carrying a gun a few years back. But the holster was printing and he could tell I had something under the T shirt. It was then that I decided that I needed a bigger cover shirt that didn't print my gun/holster. So I went with the Academy Sporting Goods Store Magellan 3XL fishing Shirts. I have about 7 of these in different colors. All are the very same style. I'm 66 years old, retired and have cancer and think I can wear what ever I want. The area I live is pretty rural and even the girls wear camo hats and hunt and fish. So I wear a camo baseball style hat with the lights built into the brim. The lights run off four 2032 batteries and come in handy in so many situations. There is a push toggle button built into the brim of the hat and it's used to turn the lights on/off. The batteries are in the rim of the hat on the inside of the hat. Just be careful and don't swat at flies and bugs with the hat as the battery compartment will get impacted and all the batteries will spill out if you hit the hat the wrong way on something. :(. That happened to me one time while swatting at a flying bug. But nothing was broken and I was able to reinstall all four batteries back into the hat and the lights still worked as before. I get a lot of compliments and comments about the hat with lights in the bill/brim.

PAVTXER

Single-Sixer
A holster like this in the back pocket, opposite my wallet is standard attire. It helps balance out the cheeks so to speak.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/DeSantis-Pocket-Shot-Holster/1260245.uts?productVariantId=3035248&WT.tsrc=PPC&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=03309517&rid=20&gclid=CjwKEAjw7J3KBRCxv93Q3KSukXQSJADzFzVSK02XSN08y_zXrqRunfwnMLVzYA64b7hb-jU48Ipb3BoCWoXw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Ruger Redhawk

Single-Sixer
I have a couple different types of "Pocket" holsters I use.
This is my favorite. I have them for the LCP and the Sig P238. I also have the Talon Cargo Pocket holster for the P 938 but it's just a bit to big even for the side cargo pocket.
http://talonholsters.com/ruger-lcp-wallet-holster/ Talon are great people to deal with. Everywhere I go I have either the P 238 or the Custom LCP in my right rear pocket.

I also have these Galco Pocket Protectors for the same 2 guns. I also have them for several different guns up to my G 27.

https://www.galcogunleather.com/pocket-protector-holster_8_1168_1238.html
You can find them for allot less money then what Galco's MSRP shows.

Ruger Redhawk

Single-Sixer
PAVTXER said:
A holster like this in the back pocket, opposite my wallet is standard attire. It helps balance out the cheeks so to speak.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/DeSantis-Pocket-Shot-Holster/1260245.uts?productVariantId=3035248&WT.tsrc=PPC&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=03309517&rid=20&gclid=CjwKEAjw7J3KBRCxv93Q3KSukXQSJADzFzVSK02XSN08y_zXrqRunfwnMLVzYA64b7hb-jU48Ipb3BoCWoXw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I'd be leery using that holster, I was looking something up the other day about the North American mini revolvers. My wife wanted one because they are so cute LOL.
I had no idea. Someone asked why the wallet holster were discontinued. Before I read the whole thing I thought my Talon wallet holster falls into that category ,thankfully they don't. Back in the 1970's I had a wallet holster with the trigger finger hole for a High Standard 22 mag Derringer and never knew that was a No No.

I'm not a lawyer and I'm definitely not giving any legal advise.

This is right from N.A.A.'s FAQ's.

Why has the wallet holster been discontinued?

The wallet, in and of itself, is a benign piece of folded leather. The minirevolver is a time-tested, high-quality small firearm but, when you join one with the other, watch out! _ you've just created what ATF defines as 'any other weapon', a rather nefarious classification which includes pen guns, cane guns and other disguised weaponry. While legal to own, AOWs require registration and payment of special taxes similar to those for fully-automatic weapons. Possession of an AOW without meeting these requirements subjects the holder to a felony charge (which further exposes us to the liability of a lawsuit).

The distinction between the WH and the folding holster grip or the belt buckle, as it has been explained to us, is that the WH weapon is operable from its disguised state (no need to remove it from the wallet in order to fire it). Both the HG and BB require that the gun be additionally manipulated (opened, removed) before it is functional, and so suffer no 'special' classification. The WH was a very popular accessory and it's a great disappointment that we're unable to offer it for sale.

Ruger Redhawk

Single-Sixer
ab4ka said:
http://www.pocketholsters.com

This is the finest pocket holster I've ever used. It is worth every penny.

Some of them are just about like the Talon wallet holsters that I use and swear by.
Talons are the only holsters I have bought in the last few years and have been real happy with all of them.
The problem there's so many different holsters and brands to choose from.

Thanks for the heads up. I've never heard of these before.
I saved that pocket holsters link just in case.