LC9 with new trigger versus the new LC9

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Kdo

Bearcat
I know everyone has heard this before...I have a LC9, and I like it, but I hate the trigger.
To get to the point, am I better off installing a new trigger in my LC9, like from Precision (or anyone else anyone knows about), or just biting the bullet and buying a new model LC9?

roylt

Hunter
I think Ruger was running some sort of trade in deal to get the new model so even they must think the old one is crap.

You can get a new one for under 300 so that is what I suggest.

SR1911SHOOTER

Blackhawk
Kdo said:
I know everyone has heard this before...I have a LC9, and I like it, but I hate the trigger.
To get to the point, am I better off installing a new trigger in my LC9, like from Precision (or anyone else anyone knows about), or just biting the bullet and buying a new model LC9?

I have an LC9, do not like the trigger. bought an LC9s and fell in love all over again.
Waiting for Ruger to figure out how to adapt the LC380 to an LC380s. My wife wants one.
Blackie

Xsales

Buckeye
Get the new LC9s

I did exactly that along with LaserMax Laser and Pachmayr rubber grip sleeve

NICE set up

Even if you get a trigger work done it's still an older model LC9

Kdo

Bearcat
Thanks for the advice.

SR1911SHOOTER, I think Ruger has fixed things with the new 380. I have a friend with both the old and new model, and he says the new trigger is a big improvement.

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
I'd say keep the old one and employ it as a truck gun or stash it somewhere around the house. Some sort of last ditch option.

And get yourself a new LC9s for carry. You'll lose out if you sell the old one. They don't command a high price and especially with the LC9s option available they have lost more value.

loiblb

Single-Sixer
Installed a recoil spring and trigger spring from Precision in my LC9s. It's a little too easy on the pull for my taste.
But works fine. Slide is hard to put on with the new spring.

teuthis

Single-Sixer
I have both models and I find the LC9S to have a smoother trigger; and a safety. What caused me to want to sell my LC9 was that ridiculous
"Chambered round" flag that popped up. Hated that. I was searching for another compact 9mm when Ruger brought out the LC9S. That worked for me.:)