P95 fun day

Help Support Ruger Forum:

welder

Buckeye
Stumbled into a day off from work with no grass to cut so off to the range I went with my trusty old school Ruger P95, 200 rds. of WWB, 50 rds. of Federal ball and a couple mags of Hornady Crital defense along with one mag of Sig ammo. Every round through the Ruger with nary a hint of a bobble and routine solid hits on the steel as well as multiple ventilated paper targets. Good day with a gun I find myself carrying some and always keep there on the night stand. I do like my P guns. :D

welder

Buckeye
Sold a few last year and and one last week but I'll always keep a good supply just for me. I ended up cleaning and carrying the P95 again and almost forgot how well it carried for me.

SR1911SHOOTER

Blackhawk
welder said:
Stumbled into a day off from work with no grass to cut so off to the range I went with my trusty old school Ruger P95, 200 rds. of WWB, 50 rds. of Federal ball and a couple mags of Hornady Crital defense along with one mag of Sig ammo. Every round through the Ruger with nary a hint of a bobble and routine solid hits on the steel as well as multiple ventilated paper targets. Good day with a gun I find myself carrying some and always keep there on the night stand. I do like my P guns. :D

welder,
I also liked my P95DC, until I let my granddaughter shoot it, she batted her big blues and said
Grampa, can I have it. Now looking for another P95DC.
Blackie

welder

Buckeye
Understood Blackie, I can't think of a better recipient for a trusty great gun. I'm sure she'll enjoy it for years and years especially since it came from Grampa. Perfect excuse to get a couple more! :lol:

BuckJM53

Single-Sixer
Welder ... I love my P-Series pistols as well. The range bag was designated "Ruger Only" last Saturday (P95, P345, MKIII512 & SR1911). At the end of the session I decided to shoot one target with all four at 10 yards for fun. I stopped at 5 rounds with the SR1911 as a sub 1" group was a great way to end the day :D

9RhwGSI.jpg

welder

Buckeye
Very nice grouping there Buck, especially that SR1911. I'm looking for that next day off with no obligations and it'll be another Ruger day too. Got a P90 and P345 looking for some exercise plus a good supply of reloads that need to be fired. Hard to be a range day like that.

BuckJM53

Single-Sixer
welder said:
Very nice grouping there Buck, especially that SR1911. I'm looking for that next day off with no obligations and it'll be another Ruger day too. Got a P90 and P345 looking for some exercise plus a good supply of reloads that need to be fired. Hard to be a range day like that.

Thanks Welder. I rewarded the SR1911 with a new pair of shoes the same day. Got a great price on these Pachmayr Legend grips at Gander amid their closeout sale :)

Mq9KG1O.jpg

jcmack

Bearcat
I'm upgrading my truck gun from a J Frame to a double stack 9. Yesterday I walked into a gun shop that had 3 used guns in a row on the shelf for $$250 each. A new style S&W Sigma 9VE, and Rugers SR9E, and P95. I picked the SR9 and had begun the 4473 baloney. Just for jollies I asked the sales guy for a pencil, reset the SR9 trigger, stuck pencil down the barrel, pointed the gun skyward and pulled the trigger. Repeated it several times ad the pencil would move about an inch and fall back against the breech face. I exchanged the SR9 for the P95. I haven't owned a P95 for 10 years. It's not as aesthetically pleasing, and it's certainly bulkier than the SR9, but I'm certain the P95 will fill the bill.

Latest posts