Ruger Mk I/II Receiver Build

Help Support Ruger Forum:

thesundancekid

Bearcat
Hey folks!
I'm a big fan of the Ruger Mk series and the guns hold great sentimental value for me as the first pistol I purchased was a Ruger Standard. I was recently perusing weaponeer and stumbled upon some blue prints for a Ruger Mk I receiver. What I'm thinking about doing is making my own upper receiver and purchasing a parts kit with the grip frame, barrel, bolt and mainspring and assembling the whole shebang. While the blueprints are a great starting point they still leave much to be desired. This is why I'd really appreciate if someone here with a Ruger Mk I or II could take a picture of the bottom and top of their receivers. Additionally if any of you guys could do some measurements for me it'd be extremely helpful.
Thanks in advance.
Here is the link to the blueprints: http://www.weaponeer.net/uploads/files/14625/16363116-Ruger-MK-1-Receiver-Blueprints.pdf

22/45 Fan

Hunter
This might be an interesting project but I expect it will cost a lot more to buy the parts individually than to buy the complete gun, particularly if you buy a decent used MkI or MkII.

I don't know of any source for a "build kit" for the Mk-series they way they are available for AR's or 1911's so you are going to have to assemble them piecemeal.

thesundancekid

Bearcat
It isn't common but they go on gun broker for 70-80 bucks every now and again. There's one particular seller called GunBusters that always seems to have parts for them.