Ruger P90 question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Zebraranger

Single-Sixer
The only other .45 that I own and can compare it to is a Colts Officer Enhanced. Both handle well, but I'd have to give the edge to the P90 DC for slightly less felt recoil. They are both similar in weight, but the Colt has a 3.5" barrel compared to the P90's 4.5".

Lngstrt

Single-Sixer
Compared to a 1911 my P90 seems to move in slow motion. Felt the same about the one I had 20 years ago. Almost seems like I can pull the trigger and step aside and watch it move. Not snappy at all. My P97 has a little more of an impulse. Maybe because of the lighter frame.
Both have cycled everything I've fed them!!

toysoldier

Hunter
My P90 has a very mild recoil. Honestly, it doesn't seem much more than my MkIII .22. And the trigger, both D/A and S/A, is very comparable to my Brazilian 1917 S&W. Accuracy is great. It is a delight to shoot.

rammerjammer

Blackhawk
I rarely shoot my P90 anymore, but when I do it also feels like it is moving in slow motion. It functions just fine, no malfunctions but when shooting it it does feel like I can see and sense the slide moving back and then going forward to chamber the next round in slow motion.

All around the P90 is a pretty soft shooter.

Lngstrt said:
Compared to a 1911 my P90 seems to move in slow motion. Felt the same about the one I had 20 years ago. Almost seems like I can pull the trigger and step aside and watch it move. Not snappy at all. My P97 has a little more of an impulse. Maybe because of the lighter frame.
Both have cycled everything I've fed them!!

Arky

Single-Sixer
Soft and seemingly slow recoil. My Wife has always enjoyed that gun. I have a stainless d-cocker from the clinton era. It is heavier than my Son-in-law's later model one. I would trade or sell it but it is still worth more to me than anyone else.

dagus

Bearcat
I have a 1991 KP90DC... very soft recoil. I love how it shoots but it's kind of big for my hands compared to my Sig. I'm considering selling it to try something new.

hittman

Staff member
Warmachine_13 said:
What's the going price for a P90 these days?

Under $350 around here. I had a P90 and P95 and maybe a couple of others. Never had a problem with any of them. They are rock solid dependable. If you're wanting a basic full size entry level semi auto you can't go wrong.

As my experience grew and time went by I found myself with things like a Sig P220, P220 Elite, CZ 75 and others. Shortly after I came to own those, I ended up selling or trading away all the P-series guns.

Warmachine_13

Bearcat
Sorry guys it's too late. Wish I could have gotten in on these deals. Paid 1075.00 for mine. I thought I overpaid by about 100.00. You win some, you lose some.

Warmachine_13

Bearcat
DUALEXHAUST said:
Glock 21 Gen 3. That is all you need to know and that is all you need for semi auto pistols. Affordable extremely high-end quality and very durable. Sig and the others are just wanna be's.

I've got one that I keep on the nightstand beside of my bed. I'm covered there.

hdonlybob

Single-Sixer
I have owned two P90's and found them both very pleasant to shoot...as stated above, almost a slow motion of the slide moving.
Really liked them, just a bit to big for my carry uses...
However, I just did buy a P345 and really anxious to shoot it.