Need help/advice on P89 and P95

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Warmachine_13

Bearcat
I've recently acquired a P89 and P95. I like them a lot except for....my grip causes the right side mag release to dig into the meat on my middle finger during recoil. I'm right handed. Only way I know to compensate is to not ride so high on the frame but that would bother me having to think about it and readjust grip. Has anyone experienced this and if so do you just live with it or have you modified your mag releases?
Thanks, Adam from NC.

roylt

Hunter
I think you are talking about the mag release not safety. You can file it if you want. How do they shoot for you?

Warmachine_13

Bearcat
roylt said:
I think you are talking about the mag release not safety. You can file it if you want. How do they shoot for you?

Yes I was talking about the mag release. I edited my post. Thanks for catching that. They shoot well. Haven't put them on paper....I've been shooting them at some steel plates I have.

Warmachine_13

Bearcat
roylt said:

I just need to figure out how to remove it from the frame to file it down. I'm afraid I'll damage the frame if left in when I do this.

roylt

Hunter
Take the grips off the 89, push the spring from in the magwell towards the front of the gun, one release almost falls out but the one that actually engages the mag is a pain to remove. Small wood push tool may help.

Warning.... it is difficult to get that mag release button out and just about as hard to get it back in. Now with that said, I've never heard anyone else with the complaint you have... My suggestion is that there is a possibility your grip is wrong.

Welcome to the Ruger Forum.