New LCP

Help Support Ruger Forum:

DonD

Single-Sixer
Wanted something for pocket carry that required no dressing around it when I didn't want to use either my SR9Cs or SP101 for CCW.

Got a new series LCP (not the LCPII) on sale for $200. Although I don't have small hands, I found no issue in getting a good grip on the gun. First day out, I used some MaXXTech (Serbian) 95gr FMJ, Perfecta 95 gr FMJ, and some Federal HST 99gr and Federal Hydra Shock 90gr ammo.

Got groups that pleased me at CCW range (7yds). First time out 94 rds, only one issue, one round failed to completely chamber, light tap on the slide and it chambered and fired. Other reviews called it "snappy" recoil wise, found it not to be an issue at all.

Did some "redneck" ballistics testing. Test box was 1/4" tough construction grade plywood, 3.8" of telephone books, an inch of newspaper and another 1/4" sheet of ply backed up by a 2x4. MaXXTech FMJ and the HST stopped at the second sheet of ply. As an FYI, the SR9C with Federal +P 147gr HST buried itself into the second ply and damaged the 2X4 behind it.

Second day out I was mostly shooting two other Rugers but wanted to check the new TandemKross takedown pin. Pin backed out badly after 4 rds, reseated it and it backed out again during the 3rd mag. But...another 24 flawless rounds. Sending the pin back, keeping the stainless guide rod.

I LIKE this new little guy, it's a keeper. Painting the sights white helped a good bit.

Glad to be back on the "air". Don

iamteeg

Bearcat
Glad to hear you like it! I had a similar experience the first time out with my (used) one, no complaints about it, good groupings, all around a solid 380.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
I always had good success with my LCP, which my sister now carries. Easily the best $200.00 you can spend on a new firearm, I really hope Ruger keeps it around.

Katz

Bearcat
I carry the LCP all the time...a little practice and it is perfect for self-defense.....$200 makes it a lot better

EQUILIZER

Bearcat
I feel better now knowing you painted the site. A couple months ago I put a dab of white nail polish on mine. I kept questioning my self was that the right thing to do?

iamteeg

Bearcat
EQUILIZER said:
I feel better now knowing you painted the site. A couple months ago I put a dab of white nail polish on mine. I kept questioning my self was that the right thing to do?

I also painted mine, white on the rear sights and green on the front sight.

AnonDefense2

Bearcat
DonD said:
Painting the sights white helped a good bit.

I also put some bright red paint on the front sight on my LCP II. I love that little pistol. I carry it all the time.

I have the Custom model and like it a lot. I usually carry the LCP instead of the LCR because it is much easier to pocket carry in dress slacks.

Pps1980

Single-Sixer
Another LCP fan here. Pocket carry was never this easy before. I have put some phosphorescent paint on the front blade. Easier to see day or night that way.

Ruger Redhawk

Single-Sixer
The little I have carried the Custom LCP I have to say that like it.
I prefer my Sig P-238 but it is quite a bit heavier than the LCP. Depending where I go and what I'm wearing depends which one I'll slip in my wallet holster or pocket holster. My EDC or go to gun is my P 938 that I don't anywhere without it.