SR45/any piccatinny Laser/Light Combo Recommendations?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

iamteeg

Bearcat
What's the best option for Laser/Light Combo or Laser-only piccatinny rail mounted accessories?

- NcStar
- LaserMax
- Crimson Trace
- eBay Off-Brand? (those chinese ones that take rechargeable batteries)

Open to any and all opinions. I'm leaning towards the off-brand ones to save some $$; a laser is a laser, right?

Armybrat

Buckeye
There doesn't seem to have been much SR45 discussion on this forum for the past year - probably because of all the excitement of the RAP.
Bought my SR45 not long after they were first introduced and have enjoyed shooting it without any failures. The only hitch has been the slide not locking back on the last round with the two supplied mags. The 3rd mag I bought locks it back on the last shot every time. Guess I oughta inquire with Ruger if they'll help out with the two reluctant mags. The gun shoots better than I do.

Don't see the need to buy another full size plastic .45, so the SR45 soldiers on as my bedside table gun.

I have not mounted anything on the rail, but have thought about a laser. Hope someone can fill us both in on their choices & experiences with the equipment they've used.

e191514fd513bf0f5b24517dcd4e2f75f62a11d.jpg

22/45 Fan

Hunter
Crimson Trace has established a great reputation for quality and reliability. They cost more but that premium buys confidence. And, no, a laser isn't a laser and some are much better made than others. A scope is a scope, so the $20 blister pack one at Walmart is the same as the $2000 Zeiss or Swarovski right?

If you are going to use the laser only as a range toy, by all means buy the cheaper ones and save some money. If you are going to put it on a gun intended for possible home defense or other serious use buy the good one.