Double Magazine Holder for LCP?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

iamteeg

Bearcat
Hi,
I've found a couple but wondered if anyone has any recommendations on Double Magazine Holster/holders for the LCP.
I found two single IWB for $30, a double OWB for $35, and some other double OWB for $50+.
I'm liking the double OWB from eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/162368164383 ... (NOT ADVERTISING)...
Any opinions?

Thanks!

iamteeg

Bearcat
WIL TERRY said:
JUST what is it you are asking for here, Sir ??

And so it goes...

I'm asking if anyone's used a particular double mag holster/holder/pouch, and has recommendations either for a specific one or a type of one.
I've been looking at kydex ones and nylon ones. Nylon seems to be much less expensive, but not fitted to the mag.

I normally use generic nylon ones, but with the LCP's small magazine, I'm wondering if fitted kydex ones might have better retention, quick accessibility, etc. than a nonfitted nylon one with straps.

Thanks,

CoyoteHunter_

Bearcat
Aliengear makes a double/single magazine holder for the 9 mm magazines single stack or double stack. I have one of both and they work great for my two LC9S Pro 9 mm single stack magazines and also for my two Walther's PPQ M2 9 mm magazines which are double stacked. You can use these inside the waist belt or outside the waist belt. And the cant is adjustable as well as the retention on each magazine holder. I've been wearing my twin single stack 9 mm magazine holder for a few weeks now and it's nice to know that I have 14 extra rounds on my belt. The LC9S Pro only carries 7 or 8 rounds and for me that's not enough.

Now my Walther's PPQ carries around 17 rounds and that's plenty. Plus it's a heavier gun with a longer barrel and I shoot it well. So I may not need as many extra round with the PPQ and it's aim and accuracy is superb.

I go to Smoky Mtn Knife works every year or so. They have a bin of nylon sheaths for small knives that fit the LCP mags. At $.50 to a $1.50 depending on size, it is a deal. I just take a mag with me to try out.
gramps

The kydex ones like that often ride too high for me at least with large double stack mags and tend to dig into my love handles when I sit down... I am looking for a low slung leather or nylon one... seems most folks that make these or even cell phone holders want them to ride high above the belt and for some reason these don't work well for me.

I like gramps idea just above......

SR1911SHOOTER

Blackhawk
blume357 said:
The kydex ones like that often ride too high for me at least with large double stack mags and tend to dig into my love handles when I sit down... I am looking for a low slung leather or nylon one... seems most folks that make these or even cell phone holders want them to ride high above the belt and for some reason these don't work well for me.

I was in a knife shop, explained what I wanted, and the lady who owned the shop, said "I have just what
you need"! She went to the back of the shop, and brought out a well used, well treated knife case for a
"Buck knife". She gave it to me, and it will work with the LCP, LC380, and all three LC9s!
I do not know what "Buck" charges for their cases, but it would not hurt to check, huh?
Oh, BTW, Ebay has them for $4.00 bucks!
Blackie

https://www.etsy.com/listing/514726847/brown-5-leather-knife-sheath-holds-a?&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_d-craft_supplies_and_tools-other&utm_custom1=219e434c-2d4e-4297-b103-0e779e721dfa&gclid=CMTuzYCh99QCFQY0aQod9BkPZQ

For a dollar more you can get what looks like the same leather holder and it is listed as a magazine holder.... now that's marketing:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/511927295/bersa-380-single-stack-or-ruger-380-lcp?ref=related-5

toysoldier

Hunter
SR1911SHOOTER said:
blume357 said:

I was in a knife shop, explained what I wanted, and the lady who owned the shop, said "I have just what
you need"! She went to the back of the shop, and brought out a well used, well treated knife case for a
"Buck knife". She gave it to me, and it will work with the LCP, LC380, and all three LC9s!
I do not know what "Buck" charges for their cases, but it would not hurt to check, huh?
Oh, BTW, Ebay has them for $4.00 bucks!
Blackie

https://www.etsy.com/listing/514726847/brown-5-leather-knife-sheath-holds-a?&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_d-craft_supplies_and_tools-other&utm_custom1=219e434c-2d4e-4297-b103-0e779e721dfa&gclid=CMTuzYCh99QCFQY0aQod9BkPZQ

I've been carrying my spare LCP mag in a leather Buck knife sheath for years.

CoyoteHunter_

Bearcat
blume357 said:

I had the same problem of the magazine riding high on my belt and digging into my side until I got the Alien Gear Magazine holder that has adjustable cant. I canted the magazine forward about 30 deg and now it's much more comfortable and easier to get out of the magazine holder. With the double magazine holder I can cant each magazine holder individually and it works great.

Not only can I adjust the cant's but I can adjust each magazine holder's retention with three different screws that won't fall out as they are locked into the magazine holder.

I wear mine OWB but I could add a protective soft cover and wear them IWB too. You can wear these AG magazine holders either way.

Latest posts