Attaboy for Ruger service

Help Support Ruger Forum:

James

Bearcat
Had my first real trouble with a Ruger American 45 gun the other day. The guide rod assembly came apart on me when cleaning. I finally got it back together (what a pain). Next time i went out when i broke it down for cleaning it did it again.( not good)... so i contacted Ruger customer service and told them what had happened and could they tell me where to buy a new guide rod assembly. They sent me an email the next day asking for my mailing address...presto, 3 days later a new guide rod assembly showed up in my post office box, at no cost i might add...

Great going Ruger, love a company that stands behind their products and serves their customers.

Fourth Horseman

Bearcat
They really are amazing. I foolishly lost the trigger bar spring on my RAP .45. It was totally my fault and I told them so. I offered to pay for everything, shipping both ways, replacement part, labor, the works. Instead, they paid to ship the gun both ways and replaced the spring for me at no charge. Amazing customer service!

And no, I won't be taking the chassis out of the frame any more. :wink:

iamteeg

Bearcat
I hope I never need them, but it's good to hear a couple nice testimonials about their service. Glad to be in good hands with Ruger.

Ruger Redhawk

Single-Sixer
Ruger has one of the best if not the best when it comes to their customer services. In my many dealings with them I've always been treated like I was appreciated.

kwh

Bearcat
Ruger Redhawk said:
Ruger has one of the best if not the best when it comes to their customer services. In my many dealings with them I've always been treated like I was appreciated.
^^^ Me too. :D

louchia

Single-Sixer
Good to hear of your experience. It's what I have come to expect. I have had several issues over time. I have needed new springs, extractors. firing pins and they have always been extremely nice and sent parts at no charge.
Attaboy Ruger CS

Just keep in mind that if you need something, do not try to find and order on line. You have to call and talk to CS so they will , by the serial number, send you the correct parts.

Clovishound

Blackhawk
I called Ruger last week. I've been having failure to reset issues with my 5 year old SR9c. I asked the lady if a new recoil spring might fix it. The gun has well over 3,000 rounds through it with the original recoil/guide rod. She said it would be a 50/50 chance. Got my address and sent me one free of charge.

She did tell me they no longer provide free shipping to Prescott for guns over 5 years old. If the spring doesn't fix it, I'll have to ship it back.