1st time shooting in 5 years, results from an LCP

Help Support Ruger Forum:

iamteeg

Bearcat
Hey all,
So yesterday, I went out to the range for the first time in 5 or 6 years. I shot my new (used) Ruger LCP at 5 and 7 yards. Some of the things I learned are:
1. I can shoot a Ruger LCP 83 times without it hurting my hand. Still might get the Hogue grip to see if it improves accuracy, still undecided.
2. I can land 90%+ of my rounds on an 8.5x11" piece of paper ... center mass size, eh?
3. You never really lose the learning you've done over the years, even with a 5 year break.

Anyway, here are my best 3 targets from 5yds:

.380 Auto, Ruger LCP, 5 yds, 12 rds (top)
.380 Auto, Ruger LCP, 5 yds, 18 rds (bottom)

.380 Auto, Ruger LCP, 5 yds, 18 rds

FergusonTO35

Hunter
Wow, that's really good for not shooting in so long. Seriously, if I quit shooting for a year I would completely lose what modest ability I have. As in, not even on paper.

SR1911SHOOTER

Blackhawk
iamteeg said:
Hey all,
So yesterday, I went out to the range for the first time in 5 or 6 years. I shot my new (used) Ruger LCP at 5 and 7 yards. Some of the things I learned are:
1. I can shoot a Ruger LCP 83 times without it hurting my hand. Still might get the Hogue grip to see if it improves accuracy, still undecided.
2. I can land 90%+ of my rounds on an 8.5x11" piece of paper ... center mass size, eh?
3. You never really lose the learning you've done over the years, even with a 5 year break.

Anyway, here are my best 3 targets from 5yds:

.380 Auto, Ruger LCP, 5 yds, 12 rds (top)
.380 Auto, Ruger LCP, 5 yds, 18 rds (bottom)

.380 Auto, Ruger LCP, 5 yds, 18 rds

iamteeg,
Impressive shooting after a hiatus of 5 years. However I am more impressed with
how you just signed up and got those photos posted without any hassle.
I have not yet gotten the hang of posting photos. It is above my paygrade. :<}
Blackie